The Fives or The RP-500M 2's with a Reciever

allanwmurray

Hi everyone, i've been reading a lot of reviews on the internet and in particular youtube and i've been looking to put together a small sound package to replace my Cinema 400 soundbar as looking to use it in the bedroom.

I've read a lot of good reviews on the fives, but are they on par when it comes to sound quality to the RP-500M 2's, the reciever im looking to power the RP-500M 2's is the Marantz NR1200.

I'm sticking with 2 channel stereo as the sound system will be used for both TV and my standalone DJ controller.

Any tips/help will be most appreciated.

I've seen a lot of good reviews on the fives, are they a good upgrade sound quality wise compared to the Cinema 400, the Cinema 400 is going to be used in the bedroom soon, what are the fives like when it comes to updating firmware as i've read a couple of people having trouble with bugs and the like.

My Cinema 400 sometimes switches back on when i turn off the tv, but it's an entry level product, i got mine for £349 so isnt so much of an issue, but i'm hoping the Fives will have more solid firmware.

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2023 at 7:26 PM, allanwmurray said:

Will defo go for the fives, whats there firmware like e.g is there any hickups when updating the firmware or is it fairly straightfoward using the klipsch app.

I've been using Fives for over a year and there is no way I can recommend them. They sound fantastic, but the firmware/software is really buggy. More details here 

On 1/22/2023 at 6:54 PM, allanwmurray said:

Any tips/help will be most appreciated.

there are promos online ....... RP-160  at 200$ a pair  , these are non-powered speakers  and 0 issues with firmware