Thinking about selling Chorus II pair

RVASound

I recently downsized and am considering selling my Chorus II pair. I'm the second owner. I'm willing to sit on them, but current house doesn't allow me to actually enjoy them. I'm pretty sure they were finished in '96. I'm the second owner since '03. They have run off either a McIntosh solid state or tube amp, depending on what I was listening to. The cases are in great shape. The screens could use a good clean. I opened them up a few years ago and cleaned everything out and looked for connection issues and dry rot. All good. 

If you're unfamiliar with this speaker, they're really quite versatile. They can through a wall of sound of that's your thing, but can also stage a depth of sound for more intricate music. I will say, their peak performance depends on optimal placement within the corners of the room.

So, audiophiles...suggestions on market price? Or should I just sit on them for a few years?

20230123_103052.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RVASound said:

I recently downsized and am considering selling my Chorus II pair. I'm willing to sit on them, but current house doesn't allow me to actually enjoy them. So, audiophiles...suggestions on market price? Or should I just sit on them for a few years?

If you think your situation may change in that time allowing you to use them again I'd say just sit on them, getting very hard to find replacements these days without paying a small fortune. If your move was permanent and you just can't use them might as well move them along I'd try and pass them to a friend or family member even if that means getting a little less than market value just to keep them close and "in the family."

Looks like they're walnut and if in really nice shape could probably get $1500+ for them the way things have been going. Where are you located? If you want to sell these start a thread in the garage sale section with a few pictures in good lighting with location and price good luck!