Adice for amp for Klipsch KG4

oidua

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I need some ideas for an amplifier for my speakers Klipsch KG4.

For the budget, looking to $250-499 for now.

I heard about some modifications to these speakers. Do you recommend them? What could be the best ones?

If you can point me on the right direction ...

Many thanks,

S

Congrats on the new speakers! Is there any specific kind of amp you're looking for? Vintage? New? Bluetooth/streaming capabilities? Phono section? 

As far as modifications go, I'd say the most popular modifications are ordering a set of titanium tweeter diaphragms from Bob Crites, and replacing the capacitors on the crossover, either through Klipsch, or through another vendor.

Good luck and enjoy the speakers! I've had mine for a few years now, and hope I never have to sell them.

1 hour ago, oidua said:

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I need some ideas for an amplifier for my speakers Klipsch KG4.

For the budget, looking to $250-499 for now.

I heard about some modifications to these speakers. Do you recommend them? What could be the best ones?

If you can point me on the right direction ...

Many thanks,

S

Welcome! I’ve had some kg4 and rather enjoyed them. You’ll have to work with placement due to the rear passive. As for amplifiers it’s hard to say “any”, but any “good” 2 channel amp 60 watts or better. Think Denon or Yamaha. I prefer vintage offerings. Enjoy!