Klipsch Heritage Jubilee vs. Underground Jubilee Upgrade

diamonddelts

Struggling between a possible Heritage Jubilee purchase vs. upgrading my Jubilee 535 speakers.

Would I get similar results to the Heritage Jubilees if I bought one of the new beefy BEC drivers for the 535? Do you all have suggestions for a replacement driver for the 402 horn in the 535?

I just got married and I'm looking to  purchase another new home this summer. Looking at various media rooms specs and budgeting for a possible large home theater upgrade.

Disclosure: I've never heard the Heritage Jube

They both have the 402 on top....  so the horn is the same.  Do you have the K69 driver or something else?  If K69 then the TAD 4002 is a clear improvement BUT, you want to be sure to get the BE diaphragms instead of after-market.  Is the HF driver on the Heritage better/same/not as good as the TAD?  I have no idea, that's way out of my pay grade knowing nothing technical about them.

Bass Bins:  I'd expect the Heritage to dig deeper than the Underground.  

So if  you put the same driver on the 402 and worked from top down, I would (want to) expect that up high, no difference.  I would expect the biggest difference to be down low where the Heritage digs deeper than the Underground.

Does that infer that if you kept the Undergrounders, slapped an appropriate (horn) subwoofer, you could meet/beat the Heritage Jube?

I don't know but I'd want to think yes however, you are now adding another (quite large) speaker into the equation, another amp....

Is the Underground 50% of the Heritage on a one-on-one basis?  How about 72%?  90%?  I have no clue.  i still look forward to hearing them for the first time.  I had marked (I think March?) off to go to the Pilgrimage, then work decided that specific week will be when they do some major mumbo jumbo thing that I have to attend so that kills it for me this year.

FYI If one buys the new Celestion driver for the 402 on their UG Jube they are not getting the whole package of the HF part of the Heritage Jube. They will still need Roy's phase plug/diffraction grate. It is my understanding these are not available for separate purchase. Also who knows what is going on in the DSP box that comes with the Heritage. As far as the LF is concerned its a whole 'nother animal. If it were me I'd get some horn loaded subs to go with my UGs and call it a day. Perhaps a 1802 or a 1502 if you could find one. Of course if money is no object go for the Heritage, they certainly are more handsome. And I don't think you will have trouble finding a buyer for the UGs.

• Like 3

You could get close on the HF with Celestion Axi2050 drivers.  That will give you on-axis HF performance similar to the Heritage Jubilee but as @babadono mentioned, it will still beam at high frequencies without Roy's phase plug.  However, there is no way to get the same LH performance, which the Heritage Jubilee takes to a whole new level.  You can read about our side by side listening experience with both versions from some of us who attended the last JubFest here: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/204026-a-visit-with-chief-bonehead-and-the-jubilee/.

44 minutes ago, MMurg said:

You could get close on the HF with Celestion Axi2050 drivers.  That will give you on-axis HF performance similar to the Heritage Jubilee but as @babadono mentioned, it will still beam at high frequencies without Roy's phase plug.  However, there is no way to get the same LH performance, which the Heritage Jubilee takes to a whole new level.  You can read about our side by side listening experience with both versions from some of us who attended the last JubFest here: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/204026-a-visit-with-chief-bonehead-and-the-jubilee/.

Thank you so much. That is the driver I was looking for. Unfortunately, Parts Express is showing that it is out of stock at this time. Hopefully it will be available by my move this summer.

I'd suggest that guessing is a bad idea when you'e talking about such large and expensive purchases.  It could be worthwhile to visit Paducah Home Theatre and listen to the Heritage Jubilees in person.  Depending on other people's impressions would only leave you doubting and second-guessing yourself.  If you're still happy with big speakers, your Jubilee 535s would make excellent surround speakers, for a total setup that would be unequalled anywhere.

1 hour ago, diamonddelts said:

Will the Celestion axi m2050 mount on the 402 the same? Does the bolt points in the driver match up to the bolt points on the 402 without any altering?

As Roy mentioned, they will go on the K-402 as is.  However, you will have to figure out the DSP PEQ settings yourself (unless Roy feels like sharing 🙂).