Klipsch Heritage Jubilee vs. Underground Jubilee Upgrade

diamonddelts

11 minutes ago, MEH Synergy said:

You have no REAL world experience to back it up I'm sure? 

You're correct.  I don't.  That's why I used the words "I doubt" instead of "I know".  It was based on a look at the spec sheet for the SM96.  I wasn't saying the Danleys are not capable.  I am just doubting your assertion that those Danelys will outrun "even the large Klipsch" which includes new Jubilee.  However, have you heard the Heritage Jubilee?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MEH Synergy said:

KLIPSCH will have you buy blind for 30k+.

That is incorrect.  There are multiple Certified Heritage Dealers where you can audition the Jubilee.  You do not have to "buy blind".  Also, I like my speakers to look like wood furniture.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MEH Synergy said:

Owning K-402s and knowing what Heritage Jubilee sounds like are two different things.  I was surprised how much of an improvement the new Jubilee is over the Underground Jubilee.  Both have the same K-402.  I heard them side by side.  Don't assume you know what it sounds like just because you've heard the horn.  You are also speaking based on assumptions without direct knowledge.

To get back to the topic of this thread...because, for other brands and comparisons, another thread should be opened in my view...Most of the time, discussions like this end up in silly cantankerousness and in the end, the thread is shot.

Here below in the link is a video where you can listen to UJ vs KJH comparatively. For copyright reasons from minute 29:30. 
But I think that the conversation between the two is just as informative as the listening. Of course, the video cannot convey the real sound impression of hearing it yourself. In addition, the speakers are positioned very differently. Therefore, don't take it too seriously. But the mix of conversation and a certain sound impression makes it a good and entertaining video in my opinion.

2 hours ago, MEH Synergy said:

And I WAS a diehard klipsch fan before as Dave A states it well "the purge" on audio karma. 

Then why are you here? 

Looks like the topic is about comparing the two Jubilees. What does that have to do with Danley? Ugly set up btw. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MEH Synergy said:

Sell em and buy Danleys, best you will do.  Highly biased....... Played with all klipsch in many rooms for years now.... Danley SM96 will far outrun La scalas and I would argue even then large klipsch in all but a HUGE room.  Subs are always needed with danley mains and are intended to be.   Point source MEH horn is nothing to ignore if you have never heard it. 

I owned a pair of Danley SH50 speakers and a pair Danley SH60 speakers. Had them paired with four Devastator subs. Also paired them with 2 JTR Orbit shifters. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, MEH Synergy said:

Tell me if I'm wrong. Give full details 

Doesn’t matter, you come off like you are bat shit crazy and in the middle of a major manic episode. 

What”s clear, is that whatever you think you are hearing is obscured by a cloud of delusion possibly associated with a chemical imbalance  or self medication. Take care of yourself.

• Like 3

• Moderators
17 hours ago, babadono said:

Perhaps a 1802 or a 1502 if you could find one. Of course if money is no object go for the Heritage, they certainly are more handsome. And I don't think you will have trouble finding a buyer for the UGs.

Agree, that would get you closer, the Celestine Driver would get you to 90% of the Heritage Jubilee.

During the Side by side demo Roy started out by a reminder that the UJ is/was a great combo with excellent sound. He said he selected tracks to start with that were within the range of the UJ and we can judge for ourselves how close they are. For those first few tracks yes, very close but Jubilee did it better, seamless. Maybe 95% Like an AK5 to an AK6. 

When he went to more full range selections, there was a wide(ER) gap, 90/10, like from a LS to a Khorn. Meaning, there are some elements that are the same, but the full thing is a dramatic difference. 

The bass is completely different. just like 1802/1502 owner comment on what it did to the overall sound of their UGs.  It is so much more natural. I think you could maybe get closer on the lower end, but you are never going to get the synergy of the whole thing.

15 minutes with your best test tracks just keeps reaffirming that it is a speaker at an entirely different level. 

about 20 people were there, nearly all UJ owners and tweezers, 20 out of 20 said that difference was significant.

The Jubilee reach’s out and grabs you by the throat, it has your complete and undivided attention until you hit pause, stop or have to flip a record. That’s not puffery, that just is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MEH Synergy said:

Like you said, you haven't heard it and neither have I. Neither of us can knock it, but I'm the one listening to fully horn loaded.  I don't need 5 or 10 hz. 24 is fine for me, fully horn loaded. 

There’s nothing to criticize about the Jubilee bass bin . The uninformed however may wrongly believe that some sort of compromise was made because Klipsch engineers decided to take advantage of the woofer back wave to augment the lowest bass frequencies, the heritage Jubilee’s back chamber is vented into its 20 hz horn with great effect and flat to 18 hz , much more impressive than your system’s 25 hz ( I thought you cared about low bass). I’ve heard the Danley’s in a home setting, I thought that they sounded unbalanced for the room, they needed equalization in my opinion. Your negative Jubilee rhetoric just doesn’t carry any weight on a Klipsch forum , or any forum really, just silly unfounded opinion. The Klipsch Jubilee deserves respect, as do other great speakers , including some products made by Danley .

• Like 2