Klipsch Heritage Jubilee vs. Underground Jubilee Upgrade

diamonddelts

My apologies for continuing to engage with the unhinged competitive products promoter and bloating this thread.  In my defense, it gets my blood boiling when someone who hasn't even been in the same room with the new Jubilee thinks they know what that speaker can or can't do.  I decided to call him out on it.  I should have left it at that.

I'll close with saying that the Heritage Jubilee is a considerable improvement over the Underground Jubilee.  If you can find a place to audition it, you should.  It might be a good reason to go to the upcoming PWK Birthday Bash on March 8-11 in Hope.  🙂 

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, richieb said:

Travis, your public comments about . . . . . .  . just a bad look for someone supposedly keeping the forum “respectable”. 

I agree, fixed. I hid your original post, and edited the quote just above so the inappropriate comments (from a public respectability point of view) are . . . no longer public.

1 minute ago, Travis In Austin said:

Well I have utterly failed to do that from day one on this venture, but I strive to do better every day. 

I think you do a great job moderating, very fair and knowledgeable. It’s got to be difficult when you run across people who just want to insult and annoy others ,  you did just fine 🤓

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

So @diamonddelts you little instigator you, bet you didn’t know you had that effect on people did ya?

Always love your posts, including this thread, it is all yours again.

"Dance puppets dance." Lol. I did not know my question would usher in the clash of the titans. But I appreciate how you handled the situation. That member came looking for the smoke with no chimney. He got what he was looking for. No more, no less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MMurg said:

My apologies for continuing to engage with the unhinged competitive products promoter and bloating this thread.  In my defense, it gets my blood boiling when someone who hasn't even been in the same room with the new Jubilee thinks they know what that speaker can or can't do.  I decided to call him out on it.  I should have left it at that.

I'll close with saying that the Heritage Jubilee is a considerable improvement over the Underground Jubilee.  If you can find a place to audition it, you should.  It might be a good reason to go to the upcoming PWK Birthday Bash on March 8-11 in Hope.  🙂 

What cd was used in the UG Jubilee? I would like to compare the heritage Jubilee to a 3 way UG Jubilee with updated cds.

53 minutes ago, diamonddelts said:

What cd was used in the UG Jubilee? I would like to compare the heritage Jubilee to a 3 way UG Jubilee with updated cds.

I assume the 2-way UG Jubilee in the side-by-side comparison at JubFest had the "stock" K-691 CD.  Below is a picture I took that day of the UG Jubilee at JubFest.  You can't see the part number, but it looks like a K-691.  Also, note that even those UG Jubilee owners who had upgraded HF drivers thought the Heritage Jubilee was a considerable improvement.  It was pretty much unanimous among the JubFest attendees.  Don't know if any of them had 3-way Jubilee.

PXL_20211015_185759615.MP (Large).jpg

1 hour ago, MMurg said:

I assume the 2-way UG Jubilee in the side-by-side comparison at JubFest had the "stock" K-691 CD.  Below is a picture I took that day of the UG Jubilee at JubFest.  You can't see the part number, but it looks like a K-691.  Also, note that even those UG Jubilee owners who had upgraded HF drivers thought the Heritage Jubilee was a considerable improvement.  It was pretty much unanimous among the JubFest attendees.  Don't know if any of them had 3-way Jubilee.

PXL_20211015_185759615.MP (Large).jpg

Hmm. Ok the K691 was used as the main driver in the older design. That would definitely explain the large gap in performance between the two. Makes me really torn between uograding my 3 way Jubes or biting the bullet and getting the Heritage model.

This is going to be a tough decision. Need to see if PE has return policy for cds. I need to hear the Celestion in my current setup to be sure. 

Is there a Klipsch store in Hope or another store in Texas where I can hear the Heritage Jubes?