The Fives constantly switching to Bluetooth input (iOS 16.3?)

John Bee

Hey,

I have The Fives (hardware reversion 2) and yesterday I updated my iPhone to iOS 16.3. Ever since The Fives have been constantly switching to Bluetooth input every few minutes when listening to audio through any other input. I pressed "forget bluetooth device" on my iphone, disabled bluetooth on my iphone but the issue still remains. If I factory reset my Fives and NOT pair them to my iphone then the issue is not there any more. If I pair the fives to my iphone again, the issue reappears (even if I unpair them and disable bluetooth on my iphone). Hence it seems that iOS 16.3 broke something in bluetooth.

Is anyone else experiencing the same? 

Edited by John Bee
Clarified

• John Bee changed the title to The Fives constantly switching to Bluetooth input (iOS 16.3?)
  • 2 months later...

Yes! Mine do this constantly and it's been a major annoyance since I got them. I really regret the purchase because of it.

I have confirmed that there are no devices paired with the Fives that might be causing the input switch to bluetooth.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem with my Fives. It doesn't continuously keep switching to bluetooth, but whenever I have it on the list of bluetooth devices on my phone or any other device, whichever input source I switch it jumps to bluetooth once after a few seconds. I need to manually dial it back to the previous input (Phono in my case as I listen to a lot of records). A bit annoying. Is there a new software update planned anytime soon to rectify this?