New member asking advice

AlfaAndy

20 minutes ago, AlfaAndy said:

Everyone, thanks for the advice. I found a pair of Forte ll speakers in beautiful cherry. One owner and lovingly cared for with the original boxes. He said that he was upgrading to Cornwalls. Are there any maintenance concerns or upgrades that I should consider with these Fortes?  

Congrats! If they sound good to just enjoy and maybe a pic or so, if you want...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlfaAndy said:

Everyone, thanks for the advice. I found a pair of Forte ll speakers in beautiful cherry. One owner and lovingly cared for with the original boxes. He said that he was upgrading to Cornwalls. Are there any maintenance concerns or upgrades that I should consider with these Fortes?  

I have Forte 1s that were my fathers before his passing. I upgraded the crossovers to Crites and replaced the tweeters with DaveAs lmahl tweeters and they sound better than new. I use them as my surrounds with Forte IVs as my mains. As good as the modified Forte 1s sound the IVs are much more enjoyable to listen to.

1 hour ago, Fido said:

I have Forte 1s that were my fathers before his passing. I upgraded the crossovers to Crites and replaced the tweeters with DaveAs lmahl tweeters and they sound better than new. I use them as my surrounds with Forte IVs as my mains. As good as the modified Forte 1s sound the IVs are much more enjoyable to listen to.

That's what happens when you turn Roy loose on upgrading 40 year old speakers!

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

That's what happens when you turn Roy loose on upgrading 40 year old speakers!

Roy did an amazing job upgrading the IVs. More accurate, better deeper bass, wider and deeper soundstage with zero fatigue. They sound like much larger speakers than their size presents.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 5:17 AM, AlfaAndy said:

Excellent choice. I'd take them over the III or the IV. They also take up very little real-estate.