Sold: Klipsch RT-10D Subwoofer Amplifier For Parts

Iteachstem

Hello all,

I'm parting out my Klipsch RT-10D sub that suffered the typical amplifier failure! 

If anyone is interested, shoot me a message.

The 3 grills are in excellent shape.

The active 10" driver is in excellent condition.

The 2 passive radiators are in excellent condition, however, one has a small discoloration spot.  It came that way when it was new!

The cabinet is in good condition, with several small indentations on the top of one of the corners.

The amp doesn't turn on anymore.  I don't want to go though the hassle of getting it repaired.

I will demo the active driver to verify that it works perfectly.

Local pick up only if you want the entire sub.  I would be willing to ship the grills, drivers or the amplifier section.

Located 60511 far western burbs of Chicago right off I-88.

There's not a lot of these for sale for reference on pricing.  The active driver alone is on eBay for over $200 w shipping, so I'm just going to go with $300 takes the entire sub and if you want specific parts, shoot me a message.

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6821.jpg

IMG_6822.jpg

IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6824.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

IMG_6826.jpg

Damn what a shame, those are nice subs when working properly. I thought the 10 was pretty equivalent to the RSW-12 I compared it to at the time. If you were local to me I'd probably grab this from you, good luck with your sale!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jjptkd said:

those are nice subs when working properly

Yes, I agree.  For a relatively compact sub, it punched way above it's size in sound quality and output. I wish they would either source better imported amps or have them built by a decent manufacturer in the US.  I would gladly pay an extra $100 for a sub that will last 30 years.... like the 4 Velodyne subs I used in my home theater.  However, I understand that to stay competitive with other comparable subwoofers, the bean counters have to shave off every penny.

If no one shows any interest, I might just convert it into a passive sub.

• Like 1

• Iteachstem changed the title to FS: Klipsch RT-10D Subwoofer Amplifier For Parts

I decided to use the original plates (Rather than the nice birch plywood ones I made) to fill the holes in the cabinet.  So, I just removed most of the electronics.  This is what's remaining...  The controller is in perfect condition, the horizontal board is in perfect condition, but the vertical board lost it's corners as it was being feisty during removal... and I didn't really care at this point.  So if anyone wants the electronics and/or the filler plates, send me a message. (PS that's about $5000 worth of plywood at today's prices! hahaha!)

IMG_6972.thumb.jpg.c75b2bb17271cd2e141a30614a0b8388.jpgIMG_6973.thumb.jpg.e6a7ba30d430161e757a2c3bbe8af657.jpg

• Like 1

• Iteachstem changed the title to Sold: Klipsch RT-10D Subwoofer Amplifier For Parts
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
13 minutes ago, JJR3434 said:

I will take the grills too

He marked it "Sold" in the heading, so I think you may be out of luck.

You can put a "Want to Buy" listing in garage sale for the same thing Sub _______ for parts and see what responses you get.

Welcome to the Forum, 

Travis

I downsized to bookshelf speakers and i was dreaming about finding a pair of these rt-10's or rt-12s, but do they really have a high amp failure rate? No repairs available? I bought a 1970 Janis W-1 Subwoofer and the separate Interphase 1 amplifier/crossover just to try at a cheap price. I was shocked to find it sounds very nice and musical. Slot loaded. Blends way better than what i had before. I sometimes can't tell if it's on until i bypass on the amp/crossover and i realize what it's doing. Huge and heavy with a 15'' driver that's supposedly cheap. Looks like a nice piece of furniture. No issues other than some wear and tear. Not going to blow you away for HT, though.

Amazing how so many modern subs with built in amps fail so quickly. I guess i'll just stick with this Janis sub.

On 2/26/2023 at 9:31 PM, JJR3434 said:

I will take the grills too

I turned the sub into a passive sub, driven by an external amp.  So, at the moment, I am not selling the grills.  However, if I end up parting the sub out in the future, I'll post them on the forum.

• 5 months later...
On 1/28/2023 at 1:07 PM, Iteachstem said:

Hello all,

I'm parting out my Klipsch RT-10D sub that suffered the typical amplifier failure! 

If anyone is interested, shoot me a message.

The 3 grills are in excellent shape.

The active 10" driver is in excellent condition.

The 2 passive radiators are in excellent condition, however, one has a small discoloration spot.  It came that way when it was new!

The cabinet is in good condition, with several small indentations on the top of one of the corners.

The amp doesn't turn on anymore.  I don't want to go though the hassle of getting it repaired.

I will demo the active driver to verify that it works perfectly.

Local pick up only if you want the entire sub.  I would be willing to ship the grills, drivers or the amplifier section.

Located 60511 far western burbs of Chicago right off I-88.

There's not a lot of these for sale for reference on pricing.  The active driver alone is on eBay for over $200 w shipping, so I'm just going to go with $300 takes the entire sub and if you want specific parts, shoot me a message.

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6821.jpg

IMG_6822.jpg

IMG_6823.jpg

IMG_6824.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

IMG_6826.jpg

I will buy the bad amplifier boards 

On 2/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, Iteachstem said:

I decided to use the original plates (Rather than the nice birch plywood ones I made) to fill the holes in the cabinet.  So, I just removed most of the electronics.  This is what's remaining...  The controller is in perfect condition, the horizontal board is in perfect condition, but the vertical board lost it's corners as it was being feisty during removal... and I didn't really care at this point.  So if anyone wants the electronics and/or the filler plates, send me a message. (PS that's about $5000 worth of plywood at today's prices! hahaha!)

IMG_6972.thumb.jpg.c75b2bb17271cd2e141a30614a0b8388.jpgIMG_6973.thumb.jpg.e6a7ba30d430161e757a2c3bbe8af657.jpg

I will bu

On 2/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, Iteachstem said:

I will buy those parts for the Rt-10d