K-31-E/K-282-E Replacement Question

TVS

I just ordered some K-282-E woofers (part number 1067961) from Klipsch to use as spares/potential replacements in my KLF-30 as discussed in this thread. When they arrived, they looked nothing like the original woofers. A current Klipsch employee then told me that these are not the correct part number and that the correct replacement is 121235 K-31-E which is no longer available. I also cannot find listed anywhere where a K-282-E was used by Klipsch. The woofers I received look to be made by RoHs. Does anyone know why a K-282-E was suggested and what Klipsch speaker it was actually used in? 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, TVS said:

I just ordered some K-282-E woofers (part number 1067961) from Klipsch to use as spares/potential replacements in my KLF-30 as discussed in this thread. When they arrived, they looked nothing like the original woofers. A current Klipsch employee then told me that these are not the correct part number and that the correct replacement is 121235 K-31-E which is no longer available. I also cannot find listed anywhere where a K-282-E was used by Klipsch. The woofers I received look to be made by RoHs. Does anyone know why a K-282-E was suggested and what Klipsch speaker it was actually used in? 

Welcome to the Forum. I was just talking to @deang about this the other day, but I know others will know who and where you can get it.

Don’t read anything into receiving K282 or that they “were suggested.” Customer service/parts is a long way away from Hope, they are in Indy. I think it’s a matter of a mistake  by either customer service or whoever gave you part number. @Chief bonehead would know for sure.

Travis

Title says you ordered K33's

First comments say you are replacing them for KLF-30's

KLF 30's didn't use K33's so if you need them for KLF-30's, as 001 states above, you need the K31 driver.  

K33 is a 15" driver that goes in some of the larger Heritage (Khorn, LaScala, Belle)  The K31 is a 12" driver so the 33 ain't gonna fit!  (and we all know that if it doesn't fit, you must acquit!!)

Sorry, I had to sneak that in.

I don't know the answers but the K31 ALSO goes into the Underground Jubilee's.  No idea if it is being used in the Heritage Jubilee but if it is, then they should have it on the shelf somewhere.

They stopped making the old version of the K31 for whatever reasons....but Roy got them resourced from someone else....  so I'm of the belief that they should still be available.

1 minute ago, Coytee said:

They stopped making the old version of the K31 for whatever reasons....but Roy got them resourced from someone else....  so I'm of the belief that they should still be available.

1 hour ago, Travis In Austin said:

Don’t read anything into receiving K282 or that they “were suggested.” Customer service/parts is a long way away from Hope, they are in Indy. I think it’s a matter of a mistake  by either customer service or whoever gave you part number. @Chief bonehead would know for sure.

The k-282 is the current replacement for the k-31 per the Chief in another thread so he should have the right woofers.

• Thanks 1

• Klipsch Employees
9 hours ago, TVS said:

The 282’s became the replacement woofer for the underground jubilees which also used the k31. Since the klf 30 used the k31 they should work as well. Try them and see what you think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess the title here was from the original thread where the k-282 was mentioned but was not the subject. I am indeed replacing k-31 so thanks for all the helpful answers. I’ll let you know how they play when tried, but they only had two in stock and were supposed to get back to me on when/if they would ever be produced again but I have not heard anything from Indy. I also see the new Jubilees have a K-283 but have no knowledge of the difference. Also can’t help but notice how similar these k-282 woofers I received appear to be to the Crites replacement offering. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TVS said:

I guess the title here was from the original thread where the k-282 was mentioned but was not the subject. I am indeed replacing k-31 so thanks for all the helpful answers. I’ll let you know how they play when tried, but they only had two in stock and were supposed to get back to me on when/if they would ever be produced again but I have not heard anything from Indy. I also see the new Jubilees have a K-283 but have no knowledge of the difference. Also can’t help but notice how similar these k-282 woofers I received appear to be to the Crites replacement offering. 

The Klipsch Engineer who designed that speaker, and specified that replacement woofer you received is Chief Bonehead-Roy Delgado who responded above. There is literally no one on the planet that knows more about this than him. 

Highly recommend you take him up on his suggestion to give them a try and report back what you think. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TVS said:

Yes I changed the title and moved here so more would see it. If you would prefer something else you can edit, 3 buttons at top right, Edit, change title.

• Like 1

• Travis In Austin changed the title to K-31-E/K-282-E Replacement Question
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, Coytee said:

Title says you ordered K33's

First comments say you are replacing them for KLF-30's

KLF 30's didn't use K33's so if you need them for KLF-30's, as 001 states above, you need the K31 driver.  

K33 is a 15" driver that goes in some of the larger Heritage (Khorn, LaScala, Belle)  The K31 is a 12" driver so the 33 ain't gonna fit!  (and we all know that if it doesn't fit, you must acquit!!)

Sorry, I had to sneak that in.

I don't know the answers but the K31 ALSO goes into the Underground Jubilee's.  No idea if it is being used in the Heritage Jubilee but if it is, then they should have it on the shelf somewhere.

My fault I messed up the Title when I moved it here, the body of his post is original.

• 3 weeks later...

Have not tried them yet. Plan was to put 2 of them in one channel and try to compare, but I was waiting for Klipsch to answer my question if they were going to have more made or not so it was possible to get 4. Now they have said no more will be made so I don’t even know if I will try them or return them. Maybe somebody knows where I can get two more new ones? I have already asked if they will sell me 4 K-283 since they are also used in Jubilee but no answer yet.