KP-456-LF: Now what?

EZirl

I recently picked up a pair of 456 low-frequency cabinets, and I'm looking for advice on which direction to go. They were advertised as 450s, and my plan was to embark on a 904 build. But after a little more research, I'm now torn between my original plan or going the 456 route since either way; I've got to source drivers and horns. Any recommendations from the experienced is greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, EZirl said:

They were advertised as 450s, and my plan was to embark on a 904 build. But after a little more research, I'm now torn between my original plan or going the 456 route since either way; I've got to source drivers and horns. Any recommendations from the experienced is greatly appreciated.

I've never owned either pair but have a k-510 / k-691 in my speakers now and the top end is incredible, better than any of the home versions I've owned. From what I've seen those 450 horns and drivers are pretty rare but there may be someone here holding some parts don't know, @Dave A comes to mind might want to reach out to him.