Info on 1st year Forte towers Looking to sell

Im looking to sell a set of

1988 Klipsch forte 1

model FOR OORV

S/N 8873336

these babies were my parents pride and joy from my childhood. It was always a house rule to never put any drinks on top of the speakers. The oak finish only shows normal wear for 35 years old, mainly just on the edges of the wood, but possibly could be polished up.  When the speaker covers are off, the speakers themselves look brand new and they hit hard just like the day they were bought.  I’m trying to get all the information I can on this specific set  and confidential sell them knowing it was the best deal. Does anyone know information I should need when selling?  To be able to answer common questions? Where would be the best to post and have a good market to show to?

Id like to sell to someone who knows about them rather then someone just looking tonbut a set of speakers and expecting to pay $50…i Have many pictures if interested.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome thanks 

Edited by Nichols352

• Nichols352 changed the title to Info on 1st year Forte towers Looking to sell

Your speakers are original forte models, made in 1988.

OORV stands for Oiled Oak Riser Variant (?) meaning they have an oiled oak veneer over MDF and they should each have a removable riser attached to the bottom that’s a few inches tall.

They are a three-way design with a 12” passive woofer in the back.

If you intend to sell them online, take detailed pictures of the serial number tags, corners of the cabinets, woofers and any imperfections.

Oiled Oak versions usually don’t net as high of a selling price as Walnut or possibly even black veneers.

They are speakers that personally I would keep, especially if I inherited them from my parents.

That being said, I would say the current market value for original fortes is in the $750-1250 range depending on their finish and physical condition.

You can list them for free here in the Garage Sale section, using the suggestions I put above.  Otherwise Facebook marketplace and Craigslist are good places to list them as well.

If you list them here make sure to put your location because big speakers are expensive to ship these days and I’m guessing you’d probably want a local buyer.  Wouldn’t be a bad idea to hook them up to some kind of amp or receiver so that a potential buyer can listen to them to make sure all the drivers are working correctly.

11 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

OORV stands for Oiled Oak Riser Variant (?) meaning they have an oiled oak veneer over MDF and they should each have a removable riser attached to the bottom that’s a few inches tall.

If you intend to sell them online, take detailed pictures of the serial number tags, corners of the cabinets, woofers and any imperfections.

Oiled Oak versions usually don’t net as high of a selling price as Walnut or possibly even black veneers.

They are speakers that personally I would keep, especially if I inherited them from my parents.

That being said, I would say the current market value for original fortes is in the $750-1250 range depending on their finish and physical condition.

You can list them for free here in the Garage Sale section, using the suggestions I put above.  Otherwise Facebook marketplace and Craigslist are good places to list them as well.

If you list them here make sure to put your location because big speakers are expensive to ship these days and I’m guessing you’d probably want a local buyer.  Wouldn’t be a bad idea to hook them up to some kind of amp or receiver so that a potential buyer can listen to them to make sure all the drivers are working correctly.

id love to be able to keep them but honestly at this point in my life I dont have the extra room  available for them and cant afford to store them somewhere.…newly divorced. Enough said.. As I said, Id live to be able to find someone who knows of them already and has possibly been searching for a set..Someone who will appreciate their age and the brands well known performance in their products..Someone that almost lights up when looking and inspecting them.  Knowing I’d play a role in bringing happiness to someone and that they would be played regularly would be enough for me…And an act as such would make my Daddy proud so Im good knowing that!

But wow!! Thank you for all the great information on these…You gave me details I wouldn't think about listing for their description.  
if i can get these files to attach, would you mind checking them out and giving me your best guess within your estimate range?  Or what condition would you consider them to be…

IMG_0516.heic

11 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

1 minute ago, Nichols352 said:

id love to be able to keep them but honestly at this point in my life I dont have the extra room  available for them and cant afford to store them somewhere.…newly divorced. Enough said.. As I said, Id live to be able to find someone who knows of them already and has possibly been searching for a set..Someone who will appreciate their age and the brands well known performance in their products..Someone that almost lights up when looking and inspecting them.  Knowing I’d play a role in bringing happiness to someone and that they would be played regularly would be enough for me…And an act as such would make my Daddy proud so Im good knowing that!

But wow!! Thank you for all the great information on these…You gave me details I wouldn't think about listing for their description.  
if i can get these files to attach, would you mind checking them out and giving me your best guess within your estimate range?  Or what condition would you consider them to be
951.48 kB ·  456E0050-C898-4A75-8B74-E26A7BCF8D27.thumb.jpeg.7def918798b295a6d8656b26ea09ebd3.jpeg

Just now, Nichols352 said:

Other images need to be resized to attach…both speakers look the same as far as imperfections I think… question…with the oiled oak veneer on MDF, polishing them up with some Old English or something similar would be ok right? As well as some extreme dusting of the covers and speakers themselves LOL

Watco Rejuvenating Oil is recommended for Klipsch speakers with an oiled veneer.

I can only see the one picture but if the condition is at least 8/10 overall I would probably list them around $1,100 and then take offers from there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 9:11 AM, wuzzzer said:

Watco Rejuvenating Oil is recommended for Klipsch speakers with an oiled veneer.

I can only see the one picture but if the condition is at least 8/10 overall I would probably list them around $1,100 and then take offers from there.

Thanks for all the info!!!  So i put them out on marketplace and gotten some hood reply so far, a couple offers from $200-$300 😑. Those offers are just pretty annoying cause I feel like if they knew exactly what they were interested in, I wouldn't have to throw the 😂 and refrain from following that up with some smart *** comment in response to bs.😂😂

question…so I don’t have the amp or receiver that was hooked up to these for so many decades, Im positive they work but I would feel better to just reconfirm all the drivers are good like you mentioned in previous message…so what exactly would be sufficient enough to hook them up to?  And what type of wiring would i need for these originals?

TIA

1 hour ago, Nichols352 said:

Thanks for all the info!!!  So i put them out on marketplace and gotten some hood reply so far, a couple offers from $200-$300 😑. Those offers are just pretty annoying cause I feel like if they knew exactly what they were interested in, I wouldn't have to throw the 😂 and refrain from following that up with some smart *** comment in response to bs.😂😂

question…so I don’t have the amp or receiver that was hooked up to these for so many decades, Im positive they work but I would feel better to just reconfirm all the drivers are good like you mentioned in previous message…so what exactly would be sufficient enough to hook them up to?  And what type of wiring would i need for these originals?

TIA

Replied via PM.

7 hours ago, Nichols352 said:

Thanks for all the info!!!  So i put them out on marketplace and gotten some hood reply so far, a couple offers from $200-$300 😑.  

if you want to sell your speakers -----you can post them on the Garage sale section of the Forum , there are lots of Forum Members  who are looking  to buy  Forte 1 speakers