Heads Up...Rare KSW-15 Sub for sale on the Bay

hron61

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Got_Horns said:

Excuse me for my ignorance.  Is the whole ksw line sought after or just the 15?  Someone is selling a 10" near me.  Should I grab it?  I have a 15 and dont "need" it...but

None of the older Klipsch subs are sought after.  They're not terrible but they're nothing to get excited over either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

None of the older Klipsch subs are sought after.  They're not terrible but they're nothing to get excited over either.

That's what I was thinking.  Then I noticed I seen that model for sale and love getting a deal on something rare...oh well

51 minutes ago, billybob said:

See them about everytime I look at craigslist. If one goes by ebay for prices, you are looking for being taken to the cleaners, one more time. Some are decent just beware...

It's not my first time in the sandbox.  But that's my problem with the guy I'm trying to talk down, on the rc7s.  He's using reverb and eBay prices....from 5 years ago, when the economy was booming, in comparison.  And he won't budge...sigh

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

Fwiw, I bought the RSW 12 & 15 new exactly 20 years ago and they really are considerably better than the KSW line or anything since, imo. The RSW-15 weighs 85 lbs, has a 650 watt continuous/2400 watt dynamic Bash digital hybrid amp and hits pretty tight in the lower end. They both are still going strong and gotta admit I'm surprised...Of course, buying that old of a sub used is a gamble. That's my take.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CWOReilly said:

I got mine with a second hand surround system. When I upgraded and sold the center and towers I am negative in the sub. In my space it’s been great. For music with LaScala I use an 18” Velodyne. 😉

The velodyne's are very nice 👍 good find

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I bought the RSW 12 & 15 new exactly 20 years ago and they really are considerably better than the KSW line or anything since, imo. The RSW-15 weighs 85 lbs, has a 650 watt continuous/2400 watt dynamic Bash digital hybrid amp and hits pretty tight in the lower end. They both are still going strong and gotta admit I'm surprised...Of course, buying that old of a sub used is a gamble. That's my take.

What do you think is Klipsch's best subwoofer?  New or old

5 minutes ago, Got_Horns said:

What do you think is Klipsch's best subwoofer?  New or old

The ones I mentioned have the best reputation although the 

Dual THX models were up there if you got a good amp. I have no experience with the newer models but when you get over 10 years I'd be concerned with the amp going. 

• Like 1