Help me decide- Heresy 3 vs. Cornwall 1

Schroedinger

1 hour ago, Klipschguy said:

Schroedinger,

What are you thoughts on the Heresy III versus the Cornwalls in your listening room?

Andy

I'm pretty obsessive about room acoustics and testing.  I had the Heresies and sub very well dialed in before; since I've gotten the Cornwalls, I've been doing a lot more testing and experimentation to get everything optimized.  I will say that within a day or two I had the Cornwalls dialed in to be at least as good as the Heresy/sub combination.  Over the weekend I did a lot of work testing, repositioning and tweaking.  As of yesterday the Cornwall setup was obviously superior, both to my ear and to the REW data.  I'm very happy with the Cornwalls but nobody should sleep on the Heresies; they're very very good with a subwoofer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Schroedinger said:

I'm pretty obsessive about room acoustics and testing.  I had the Heresies and sub very well dialed in before; since I've gotten the Cornwalls, I've been doing a lot more testing and experimentation to get everything optimized.  I will say that within a day or two I had the Cornwalls dialed in to be at least as good as the Heresy/sub combination.  Over the weekend I did a lot of work testing, repositioning and tweaking.  As of yesterday the Cornwall setup was obviously superior, both to my ear and to the REW data.  I'm very happy with the Cornwalls but nobody should sleep on the Heresies; they're very very good with a subwoofer.

Agree. Well dialed in Heresys can be quite good, but the Cornwalls are a step up.

• Like 1