Quadraphonic

Quadraphonic

1 hour ago, Quadraphonic said:

Thank you for your response.

I have been running a 4 speaker system for years with an ab amp and two different pairs of speakers with no issues.

Is it advisable to run 4 identical speakers in the same room ?

Nope.  Not unless you’re doing it as true surround sound.

4 hours ago, Quadraphonic said:

I have been running a 4 speaker system for years with an ab amp and two different pairs of speakers with no issues.

Is it advisable to run 4 identical speakers in the same room ?

Depends on what you're trying to do, replicate the sound you hear at a club? Sure, why not. Critical listening while seated in the sweet spot? Probably not. If I were to run two sets of speakers off one amp like that I'd stack them with the top speaker turned upside down, still frowned upon but I have done this several times for fun and it always sounded pretty good to me. If you have the speakers already might as well experiment and see for yourself what works best for you. 

lascalastack.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Depends on what you're trying to do, replicate the sound you hear at a club? Sure, why not. Critical listening while seated in the sweet spot? Probably not. If I were to run two sets of speakers off one amp like that I'd stack them with the top speaker turned upside down, still frowned upon but I have done this several times for fun and it always sounded pretty good to me. If you have the speakers already might as well experiment and see for yourself what works best for you. 

lascalastack.jpg

It sound funny on paper/screen but the picture is actually very impressive! 

14 hours ago, jjptkd said:

lascalastack.jpg

I do not have the second set of CW IV speakers yet..... curious how they would look stacked like that, lol.

Also, which subwoofer would sound good in the middle ?