Klipsch&McLaren, The Legends Series, I like it!

KT88

Every marketing guy dreams of good product ideas and of achieving emotional synergies from brand partnerships. Successful examples are e.g. watch brands like Jaeger Lecoultre with Aston Martin watches (Amvox) or Omega Speedmaster with the Apollo Program, even McDonalds McFlurry® with M&M'S® Candies or car brands with Carhifi partners with well known names (Klipsch here BTW?..it's given away, imagine "BMW M Series with "Ultrasonic Klipsch Sound System".

I really like this new Legends Series Klipsch&Mclaren!

https://www.klipsch.com/klipsch-mclaren-legends

The idea is well staged, the design of the speakers is very very successful from my point of view. Here meet two emotional worlds that complement each other perfectly (Maybe also because I have besides audio my little Lotus and Morgan as another great hobby).
I love this McLaren Papaya color with black.
By the way, now while writing I just remembered...why Klipsch does not start with a sound system for the McLaren consumer road cars?

This new campaign has given me an idea...what do you think? I could paint the K402 of my UG Jubilees in McLaren Papaya. They are really a bit drab in black, it could look really good. Due to the size of the K402, it would lend itself aesthetically, after all, it wouldn't just be a splash of color. Don't worry about trademark rights, they are just my private speakers that no one else sees. Or I take Lotus original mustard yellow as in their logo.

@Travis In AustinDo I remember correctly that 14 years ago you also wanted to paint your K402 with automotive paint? Somehow that was a memory and actually I thought it was a very good idea back then. Maybe it's a way if I make my UG Jubilee even more colorful and bold, because subtle they are not and they never will be. The Heritage Jubilee takes a different successful route and enhances its optical impression with natural high quality finish and a different shape.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I think they're hideous.  Playing anything through them other than video games would seem utterly incongruous. Hard to imagine listening to Dylan, Nina Simone, Vivaldi, or even Black Sabbath through them.  But Donkey Kong, or Mario?  ..Ok, that works.

Klipsch is a great brand... I hope they know what they're doing.  These things look like PA speakers at the Bumper Car rink at an amusement park.  They don't want to engage in a special edition co-branding project that attracts a few dozen F1 fans while at the same time turns a few thousand people off the brand.  

I love Klipsch so I really hope I'm wrong.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
On 2/6/2023 at 9:26 AM, KT88 said:

This new campaign has given me an idea...what do you think? I could paint the K402 of my UG Jubilees in McLaren Papaya

McLaren Papaya is trademarked. However, only applies I think if you are a business competitor and try and use that color.

I thought when they were introduced, that they were supposed to be a limited edition run?  Limited to X number of pairs that sold out almost immediately?  I cannot believe that someone would pay 2 1/2 times more for the forte IV version, than traditional forte IV.  

Oh well.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

I thought when they were introduced, that they were supposed to be a limited edition run?  Limited to X number of pairs that sold out almost immediately?  I cannot believe that someone would pay 2 1/2 times more for the forte IV version, than traditional forte IV.  

Oh well.....

Are they technically improved in anyway? It seems like the only construction difference is the use of a metal screen. Which I can see being kind of pricey, but not accounting for doubling the price.

if someone has a rec room with lots of pinball machines and an air hockey table, then perhaps these would look at home.   But still, I can’t imagine any of the music I enjoy sounding quite right coming from these carnival Funhouse monstrosities

by contrast, when you look at how the “regular” heritage speakers are pictured on the website, their integration into the decor is absolutely beautiful.  The rooms look really really cool; Retro, but sophisticated.   I could imagine living in any one of them.  

seriously, how can you improve on this?

https://www.klipsch.com/products/forte-iv-floorstanding-speaker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ODS123 said:

if someone has a rec room with lots of pinball machines and an air hockey table, then perhaps these would look at home.

Yeah that's kind of what I imagine set up in a "mancave" somewhere playing background music

9 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

Oh well.....

A friend of mine is really into the racing scene I'm sure he'd love to have a pair of these.. would he pay double for the paint scheme? maybe if he won the lottery IDK. 

3 hours ago, ODS123 said:

Are they technically improved in anyway? It seems like the only construction difference is the use of a metal screen. Which I can see being kind of pricey, but not accounting for doubling the price.

if someone has a rec room with lots of pinball machines and an air hockey table, then perhaps these would look at home.   But still, I can’t imagine any of the music I enjoy sounding quite right coming from these carnival Funhouse monstrosities

by contrast, when you look at how the “regular” heritage speakers are pictured on the website, their integration into the decor is absolutely beautiful.  The rooms look really really cool; Retro, but sophisticated.   I could imagine living in any one of them.  

seriously, how can you improve on this?

https://www.klipsch.com/products/forte-iv-floorstanding-speaker

They do not appear to be technically improved in anyway, unless you consider a metal screen, yellow tweeter horn, and a hideous paint job an improvement.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 5:55 AM, ODS123 said:

I really hope I'm wrong.

sure you are ,   McLaren Fans love these speakers   and other F1  Teams wont get a pair ,  kudo for klipsch to do a Limited run of these High Ticket   instant Collector speakers , cause money talks in F1 sponsoring and BS walks .

• 6 months later...