SOLD: Oris 150 Horns

rplace

Sold with others waiting in line. Thanks Klipsch forums! Hope the new owner enjoys as much as I have. They are special.

These are the reason I got rid of my Khorns after 14 years. Lots of info on the Klipsch forums over the years. If you don't know about them here is some info:

http://www.bd-design.nl/contents/en-us/d83.html

If you buy new there is a good bit of logistic with importing, shipping and painting. Not to mention how to mount them to some sort of stand. Well worth the effort in my opinion. Lots of info online.

Mine have been professionally painted. They have a very high quality swivel mount. They are large but not heavy at all. Easy to pick up and transport as long as you have the space (minivan, suv, station wagon, etc.). If you have ever been curious this would be a good way to give them a go. So many options for 8" drivers and bass bins. I've successfully crossed them as low as 150 and as high as 800+. I can give you a bit of a leg up on different combinations. If you go the Xillica route for an Active crossover I can provide my backup files to get you up and running while you figure out that fun stuff. Or if you like I've got two Crown XLS-102 amps with DSP crossover so you could have both crossovers handled and one amp channel for each driver (2 HF and 2 LF).

Not looking to ship at this time, unless you make the arrangements with UShip or the like. I'll make myself available for a shipping company to pick up but I won't pack them up and ship them myself. Willing to drive a small amount to meet you near a convenient pickup/drop off location. I'm close to I-95 in Maryland. Easy drive from NY, PA, DE, D.C., NOVA, CT, etc.

Picture below shows them with homebrewed, H-Frame open baffle 15" bass bins veneered in zebrawood and Crites cane Klipsch grill cloth. They are hard to photograph due to the black/charcoal metallic finish and low light in my home theater/music room. 

$850 for the Oris 150 Horns and swivel mounts.

Happy to discuss the additional purchase of my 8" full range drivers, amps, active crossover, loaded bass bins (or 15" drivers only), Crown amps, etc. but only if you are buying the horns. I'm not interested in selling anything that goes with the horns unless you are buying the horns. Of course more than happy to sell just the horns/mounts as well.

More pix and info gladly provided once you pass the "I'm not a tire kicker, I'm genuinely interested and want to make this happen" test. Tire kickers please use google and get back to me, thanks!

image.thumb.jpeg.e9501f499e149bb19e5088329997e1d7.jpeg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Limberpine said:

Oh man, those are awesome

Yes they are, thanks. Everyone like build threads, if you missed it the first time around here is my Open Baffle H-Frame build to make the horns 2-way.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/182051-bbb-bass-bin-build-with-zebrawood/#comment-2359047

• Like 2

Folks if you have never heard the Oris horns your in for a surprise and treat , and I say that as someone who has owned Jubilees and  most all the Klipsch Heritage series . No not saying there better but they offer a different presentation that is dynamic and revealing that cant be touched in this price range of $800.00 is a true bargain . I payed twice that amount for mine and still consider them a bargain . Using mine with the woofer in my cornwall's for bass i have been very happy .

BLWS Rich  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• rplace changed the title to SOLD: Oris 150 Horns
19 hours ago, Limberpine said:

What will replace the Osiris horns? 

I've been keeping both and switching back and forth. Love both, figured if the Oris sold it would make the decision for me. If not I would happily keep them. These are my take on Pure Audio Project's Trio line. Voxativ AC-1.6 or Audio Nirvana drivers in the black center baffles with PaP's proprietary 15" drivers above and below in the white baffles. I'm using an Xillica 8080 as the crossover, same as I did on the Oris.

PaP.thumb.jpg.7d7ce13cd794f96cee94849df02523c5.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I've been curious about those myself. Looks good.

Open Baffle or PaP specifically? I don't think I'll ever go back to box speakers for my main system. Unless he has switched gears I think @Tarheel is more or less in the same boat....Spatial if I'm not mistaken. 

• Like 1

I was an early adopter of the X series. In 2019 I bought a pair of Spatial X3s when they first came out. I was very impressed at a lot of what they did, especially the OB bass with the onboard amp and DSP. What was their undoing, at least for me, was trying to use a 12" driver to reproduce midrange frequencies. It just never sounded "real" in the crucial midrange. There wasn't the same texture you get from horns, or even better conventional loudspeakers. Which is why the PAP speakers intrigue me with the option of several different midrange drivers that are better suited for that job.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Which is why the PAP speakers intrigue me with the option of several different midrange drivers that are better suited for that job.

You just keep buying/making center baffles for the task at hand. I've got two sets of black, center, baffles. Different drivers always mounted (Voxativ and Audio Nirvana, sold the Tang Band). With the 30 Xillica pre-sets I can swap center drivers and be listening to a totally different sound in 10 minutes or less. Just four hex head bolts per baffle. The PaP 15" drivers are pretty versatile and can be crossed successfully at many different points depending on the curves/measurements of the full range drivers between them. Highly addictive. 

The Voxativ is better all around but a bit more laid back. The AN's are a bit more in your face and alive, more sparkle and high end slightly fatiguing. I'm constantly stalking USAudiomart for the PaP wooden horns, can't remember off the top of my head what they are called but I'd really like to have both those horns and AMTs for the center. I've just not taken time time to give the Heil AMTs a go. I've got AMTs in a pair of Wharfedale bookshelfs in my office and LOVE them.