Forte IV as L/R

dagwick

Finally upgrading things after 30+ years, trying to come at it from different angles.

Curious if anyone has used Forte's (or any heritage speaker for that matter), and due to whatever reasons (ex no space for a dedicated center), had to set the middle channel to "phantom" while in home theater mode?

Good results? Bad?

Thanks

Phantom isn't bad, but with some La Scala's, I originally ended up building my own center channel that was hidden as a mantel, which worked extremely well.  Since moving from that house, I have gone with an RC-64 III and really enjoy having a center again.  If I absolutely had to do a phantom center, I could do it, but I prefer a good center channel speaker.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dagwick said:

Finally upgrading things after 30+ years, trying to come at it from different angles.

Curious if anyone has used Forte's (or any heritage speaker for that matter), and due to whatever reasons (ex no space for a dedicated center), had to set the middle channel to "phantom" while in home theater mode?

Good results? Bad?

Thanks

Some Phantom modes do really well.

Guess you are saying a console complicates issue.

Welcome!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

'I use the Academy in both of my Forte systems' ..and would not change a thing. Sounds so well in our room. ~Between ChorusII's. By the way...that image on the screen is a blu ray playing from of the Rush, Moving Pictures box set that my wife got for me last year. Fantastic mix on this. Now waiting for the Rush Signals 40th box set on pre-order. She ordered that one too!

05A43332.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/9/2023 at 7:26 PM, dagwick said:

Good results? Bad?

Thanks

I have a suggestion for you.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Smitty8451 said:

I thought of going the Cornwall IV route, but as you guessed just not enough room, my front sound stage is pretty packed and not a whole lot of room on the sides so the Forte IV’s fit just right.

FE5F865E-6AEE-4881-8E6E-C4886DDED5EF.jpeg

Looks awesome and I know it sounds even better.