FS: have a couple linear PSU’s (AMB ó11)

Dneu2011

I built three AMB Sigma ó11 external power supplies and I no longer use them. I had set one up for 5V, one for 12V, and one for 24V. 

Shown in the picture is two of the three. Two of them have logos while one has a clean faceplate. 

I used them to:

- power a Raspberry Pi Hifiberry Dac

- to run my turntable motor

- power my builds from DiyAudio (Korg, ACP, Amp Camp Mini)

I am selling them individually for $100 plus shipping. Give me your desired voltage so I can set it correctly; I can only set them up to 24V. 

I just recommend confirming your power is DC. Also, the barrel is a 5.5x2.5 where the inside is positive and the outer is negative. Please check the original PSU with a multimeter to confirm this. 

1531FB05-D18F-40DB-B5F8-F0689BA3A2A8.jpeg

• Like 1

Jim,

See below from AMB regarding the boards 

• The maximum current limit is determined by the rating of the power transformer, the rectifier diodes (the specified MUR820 devices are rated at 8A), and the AC line fuse.

The transformers in both chassis are only 2.5A. I would have to swap them out with the AS-2220, but unfortunately they would not fit in these smaller Hammond chassis.

I was mainly using these to power preamps, phonos, or dacs.

I just looked at this transformer and the ideal recommended VA is 180 minimum. It looks like the transformer is only 3.64A and they recommend at least 4A to handle the 1.5A used by each board. You always want headroom.

I have built a few external power supplies for the amp camps in stock chassis and I use Antek's 200VA transformer at 5A with a CapMX supply with CRC in front of it. I have found even more successes with lower noise floor with a Capacitor, CHOKE, Capacitor orientation and I thought that sounded amazing.

If you are interested in a custom PSU build I might have everything needed to build one. But, you would have to re-wire your amp camp power input so you can run them dual mono. This is absolutely the best way to do it and get a very good sound. My current chassis I have on hand is black.

Also, have you completed the mods from Tungstenaudio on your amps?

19 hours ago, NY User said:

xxx

(xxx) xxx-xxxx

Please edit your post , and remove the listed phone number , the klipsch Forum features the PM  ......private message option thus allowing to share private information  .

The Tungstenaudio mods look very interesting, thanks!  I appreciate your offer to build a custom power supply.  I would be interested in a "plug & play" solution that does not require rewiring the ACA to run dual power inputs, and provides meaningful improvements in sound quality.  However, if your experience shows that only marginal improvements are possible without dual power inputs I'll stay with the stock Meanwell switching power supplies.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...