DECWARE SE84UFO REVIEW

artto

By the way 5/30/24 there are 2468 orders.  2468/~450 per year = only 5.48 years to wait.

How much would anyone pay for my pair of SE84UFO amps?  I upgraded the caps.  Only about 7 months?

1 hour ago, mark1101 said:

I have never had a set amp.  So I am excited.  My order is a pair of them.  I'm glad I bought two.  So I will experiment with mono-blocks. 

One amplifier per channel = two tubes per channel (and twice as many components in the signal path) = no longer single ended with the signal going through just one tube. 🙂

1 hour ago, mark1101 said:

By the way 5/30/24 there are 2468 orders.  2468/~450 per year = only 5.48 years to wait.

How much would anyone pay for my pair of SE84UFO amps?  I upgraded the caps.  Only about 7 months?

People are crazy to wait even a year.

You could make a little profit if you want to.

2 hours ago, mark1101 said:

They can build more than an amplifier per day? 

24 minutes ago, 82 Cornwalls said:

They have increased the number of employees significantly since the insanity started and they run 2 shifts because of limited building stations. 

Picture of employees here:  https://www.decwareproducts.com/about

I monitor my progress about once a month and have noticed no noticeable faster performance.  They are not setup at all to handle the orders they have.  It's a horrible business model.

Honestly, I don't expect a $1K tube amp to give me any revelations.  I thought I would try them to experience a well reviewed set amp at a good price and with a lifetime warranty.  The problem is waiting my lifetime.

They are in a conundrum because the way they run that business I don't see a fix for the long wait.

10 hours ago, 82 Cornwalls said:

One amplifier per channel = two tubes per channel (and twice as many components in the signal path) = no longer single ended with the signal going through just one tube. 🙂

This is a good point.  I hadn't thought of that.  I figured I would protect myself in case not enough power.  So I ordered two.

9 hours ago, Deang said:

They can build more than an amplifier per day? 

I have no idea other than the rough math I've done over the last two years.  They are only reducing the real time build list by about 450 amps per year.

12 hours ago, mark1101 said:

This is a good point.  I hadn't thought of that.  I figured I would protect myself in case not enough power.  So I ordered two.

You think if 2 watts aren't enough for you that 4 watts will be?

It would be rare if that's the case.

12 hours ago, mark1101 said:

I monitor my progress about once a month and have noticed no noticeable faster performance.  They are not setup at all to handle the orders they have.  It's a horrible business model.

Honestly, I don't expect a $1K tube amp to give me any revelations.  I thought I would try them to experience a well reviewed set amp at a good price and with a lifetime warranty.  The problem is waiting my lifetime.

They are in a conundrum because the way they run that business I don't see a fix for the long wait.

How many small niche companies have you owned?

I think I already know the answer.

Why do people keep ordering?

What would be be more respectful is if Decware openly addressed the issue that there is an over 5 year waiting list prior to accepting more orders.

Say SOMETHING..........I don't know what...........but it is surprising it has come to this point and they don't address this openly on their site.

The other issue is I can't honestly believe that people keep ordering.  I guess they have no idea.

Imagine the amps that will be coming out over the next 5 years that you could buy instead.

I'm surprised some Chinese company hasn't figured this out and started cranking out copies in mass.

Whenever I have thought about buying something made to order I communicate with the company and ask questions. Due diligence and all that.

I don't necessarily agree with how things are handled, but obviously it hasn't hurt his business. It was a big thing all over the internet quite a while back and he put forth some effort to address it at that time, as for the lack of an attention getting warning front and center on their website his business/his name/his choice and orders keep coming in.

Everyone that owns a small business has to make decisions and do what they think is best for them.

I guess the bottom line is you feel the issue is more on Decware and I feel it is more on the customer.

Fellas life is full of choices. I would say there’s plenty of info out there on the time this takes to receive your order, if you choose not to wait ok if you choose to wait ok if you choose to change your mind and cancel your order ok but the only person you have to ***** at is your self for making your choice leave The guy alone 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, billybob said:

Maybe,

They're making other audio products, dividing the workforce.

Double the workstations.

Run 3 shifts.

Farm out workload.

Easy to say...🤔

Exactly

Quality control suffers and you end up with very unhappy customers, you spend valuable time fixing pieces that come back instead of building new ones, and you lose money (labor) doing the repairs.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This is not scientific, just how my system is now - and I like it. 

I have KHorns and Cornwall 4s in my house. I have the UFO2 and a Parasound A23+ in service. I had the UFO on the KHorns for a while and found I was very aware of the squawker. Not in a good way.

The CW has a great mid range whatever feeds it. I know have the SS on the KHorns and UFO2 on the CWs and it sounds perfect. great match for each - I've run the KHorns for 5+ years with the Parasound and I've always been happy. There are posts by me on the subject. I have not found the upper bound of high volume with the UFO2. they can drive a speaker just fine. 

Edited by ned
clarifying that I have one UFO2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am on the wait-list for a UFO25 and the CSP325 preamp. I am on page 11 so I have plenty of time to wait. In the interim, I found a used UFO2.1 and purchased from a Decware forum member without too much trouble if I'm being honest. I have it hooked up to Heresy IV's and just like ned says on his reply before, I haven't found the upper end yet.

It's a great amp, I love the sound, and can't wait for the 25th anniversary upgrade when my number comes up. A lot of people spend time complaining about Decware on various boards across the internet. There are a lot of choices out there. If it bothers you that much, don't buy one. Plain and simple.

(This isn't a response to call anyone out on here.... Just putting in my 2 cents)

Edited by Estes
  • Like 1