Huge JBL Horns

Amphicar

Not mine, but for sale.  I was in an architectural salvage building over the weekend and ran across a few massive horns.  They were removed from Capitol One Stadium in Washington DC.  Also a handful of Electrovoice FRI+122/64, and two JBL AS2210-STD.  I know this is a Klipsch site but I know the group likes big horns.  They are located in Baltimore, MD. 

4CB63944-0552-41D2-ACB0-659F4EBD8C4A.jpeg

455D5398-ACF1-4CA3-8242-D9351CDD146C.jpeg

DA88BC96-C6F4-4733-ADC7-24886D80DD06.jpeg

E8C63417-9280-4BF1-A316-4659E60B2993.jpeg

• Like 1

Capitol One Stadium or Arena ?      Capital One Arena is an indoor arena - home of the Washington Wizards NBA team and the NHL Washington Caps hockey team.

Capitol One Field was an outdoor field formerly part of the University of Maryland football stadium in College Park MD.      The reason I ask --- one venue(Arena) is indoors and the other(Stadium) is outdoors.    The outdoor venue recently replaced their outdoor sound system.              

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Tony T said:

I once extended the same courtesy to fellow Klipsch members. The Klipsch Police removed my kind ad and said I should never post ads from other owners.

Hi Tony, I went back to see if I could find out what this was about. I got as far back as 2019 but didn’t see any post of yours (garage sale or alerts that was removed. I did see an alerts post from you about a Khorn project near San Diego with no problems.  So I’m guessing it must have predated that?

if so, that may have been one of the moderators that are no longer here, or it could have been me when I was new. I just can’t remember it at all to tell you if it was a mistake, different circumstances, or what. If you would like me to dig deeper and want to send me some additional information to find it shoot me a PM.

Travis

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 2:44 PM, Amphicar said:

Not mine, but for sale.  I was in an architectural salvage building over the weekend and ran across a few massive horns.  They were removed from Capitol One Stadium in Washington DC.  Also a handful of Electrovoice FRI+122/64, and two JBL AS2210-STD.  I know this is a Klipsch site but I know the group likes big horns.  They are located in Baltimore, MD. 

4CB63944-0552-41D2-ACB0-659F4EBD8C4A.jpeg

455D5398-ACF1-4CA3-8242-D9351CDD146C.jpeg

DA88BC96-C6F4-4733-ADC7-24886D80DD06.jpeg

E8C63417-9280-4BF1-A316-4659E60B2993.jpeg

I've been to that place in Baltimore. They get some amazing stuff.  There's another one near there that is more 'arty' stuffs.  

Sorry for the lapse in response!  The place is called MD Architectural Salvage, they have a website and facebook site.  He clears out old mostly industrial buildings.  As @Godataloss stated, they have awesome stuff.  I bought a table used in an old foundry from the ‘30s with a wonderfully aged wooden top and a cut down porcelain Firestone sign, a cool early Art Deco Westinghouse fan, and a few other odds and ends.  @Guest Vahorns it was where the Wizards play so indoor, my bad I am not a sports guy.  I would suggest contacting him through facebook.  I told him I would post them in this forum and maybe help him out selling them.  

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, Travis In Austin said:

Hi Tony, I went back to see if I could find out what this was about. I got as far back as 2019 but didn’t see any post of yours (garage sale or alerts that was removed. I did see an alerts post from you about a Khorn project near San Diego with no problems.  So I’m guessing it must have predated that?

if so, that may have been one of the moderators that are no longer here, or it could have been me when I was new. I just can’t remember it at all to tell you if it was a mistake, different circumstances, or what. If you would like me to dig deeper and want to send me some additional information to find it shoot me a PM.

Travis

What's done is done. Thank you all the same.