Klipsch Reference Series RF-7

lockedandloaded

• 3 weeks later...

Original RF-7s we're replaced by RF-83s in the early 2000s. Then they reintroduced the RF-7 Classics with cosmetic changes while the RF-83s were still in production. Then came the RF-7IIs without the black dust covers and cosmetic changes, along with it harder to pull the crossovers, followed by the RF7IIIs that came out 3 or 4 years ago. Fwiw, I don't remember any being advertised with Monster Cable, although the Classics may have been...That's how I remember it. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Interesting. I now gotta admit I looked at the back of mine and they read the same. Learn something new everyday. I stand corrected.

I know the RF-3-II's, RC-3-II's and RB-5-II's were all labeled "with Monstercable" believe that was the only differences between them and the original versions maybe the higher end models; RF-5, RF-7, RC-7 & RB-75 came with the cable from the start along with real wood veneer? 

6 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I know the RF-3-II's, RC-3-II's and RB-5-II's were all labeled "with Monstercable" believe that was the only differences between them and the original versions maybe the higher end models; RF-5, RF-7, RC-7 & RB-75 came with the cable from the start along with real wood veneer? 

Fwiw, the RB-5IIs also used real wood veneer and I remember Klipsch advertising Monster Cable in the 2nd versions of the lower end Reference (RF-62II/RF-82II) that were released of those speakers...I was only surprised understanding it was a marketing tool for those speakers and hadn't actually thought about it in regard to my speakers...Btw, we have the RF-3s at another location and thought they were real wood veneer.  Dunno, but can't check right now.

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, the RB-5IIs also used real wood veneer Btw, we have the RF-3s at another location and thought they were real wood veneer.  Dunno, but can't check right now.

Knew that about the 5's I've owned several sets of the RF-3's over the years they're vinyl wrap over MDF, no veneer on the inside either