In-Wall Setup and Speaker Recommendations

Cazzara

On 2/23/2023 at 10:42 AM, Cazzara said:

Hello Everyone.

We are finishing our basement and I am trying to figure out my speaker layout and speaker recommendations. My wife asked that everything be "In the Wall". Here is the layout with my markings for speaker locations (yellow will be the sectional couch going in there). The steel beam will be box framed in.

image.png.0f125cac45e526a98840c8c667305a32.png

I will be running everything through a Denon AVR-X3400h (7.2 channel).

I already have a pair of Klipsch R-5650-SII for the rear surrounds and a Klipsch SW112 sub that I was planning on reusing as I replaced those speakers in my upstairs setting.

I am thinking of the following for the LCR and atmos speakers:  Klipsch R-5502-W II and Klipsch CDT-5800-C II.

Any thoughts? 

Looks like a fun project, if there’s anyway you can swing it , I would absolutely go with front projection. I’ve remodeled and changed my theater several times through the years, but the biggest  improvement that I ever made was installing  a projector, the satisfaction level of watching a movie went up exponentially after making this move . Good luck on your project 🤓

• Like 2