Klipsch Speaker Setup for HT

mrparisi

Hi,

I bought my first pair of Cornwalls in 85.  Paid 1k new.  Now they are a lot more.  Anyway, I have a setup in my bedroom and Livingroom and am thinking of moving around some speakers and even upgrading.  In the bedroom I have two Forte 2 speakers as my mains, two Heresy speakers as rear surrounds and a KLF 30 as a center channel. 

In my Livingroom I have Cornwalls as my mains, Heresy speakers as surrounds and the other KLF 30 as a center channel.  Here is my thinking:

Idea 1: Swap the KLF 30 for the Forte speakers. This would allow the KLF 30 to be my main speakers in the bedroom and the Forte would do duty as the center channel for my bedroom and Livingroom.   Not sure I would be gaining much........ I really should A/B each speaker set to see which is smoother up top.  Not really worried about the low end since I run a subwoofer.  

Idea 2: Sell the Forte's and replace them with Cornwall speakers. So in the bedroom my main speakers would be Cornwalls, KLF 30's for center and Heresy for the surrounds.  Or I could sell the KLF 30's and use the Forte as center channels in both systems.   

• 2 weeks later...