New to Forum-Hello+ Forte III positioning with two sets of speakers ?

Hello everyone...

Old fart out in N. Colorado joining the forum.  I got a couple Forte III SEs coming today.  I have read a ton of specs, history the manual etc.  Not sure what to expect but I'll give a brief description below and if anyone has input-thank you.

I will have two polar opposites of "vintage" type speakers in my room.  Basically a large rectangle with the corners too far apart to access.  My amp is a Michi X5. At 350 into 8ohms and 600 into 4, that should get the Fortes going (lol).  And yes, I'm worried a bit about brightness etc but I'll work with that. I can experiment with stands or bi amp those babies by adding a tube amp for higher freqs but that's something down the road.

The reason for the amp (other than I love it and it does everything well) is my other set of speakers are Martin Logan CLSIIz panels.  So I got detail and articulation in one set and say for rock music, dynamics galore in the Fortes.

My challenge will be they cannot both take up the same space or sweet spot per say.  The speakers obviously need to be on or near the same plane.  A Forte behind a panel is a non starter.  So if the Fortes are inside the Panels they will be about 6.5 feet apart center to center. If they are outside the panels they will be about 12.5 feet apart. I think the owners manual states 6-15ft but wondering what you guys have experienced in your set ups.

I'm wondering if you have any thoughts on where to start? ( 6.5ft or 12.5 feet)  I'll also need to experiment with distance to the wall as Panels like a further distance than the Forte but I can't have a Forte behind a panel...that would not work well.  Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

At this point I can't even change my avatar but perhaps in the future I can post a pic if that will help.  Before I think about stands or all the cute stuff, I just need to get both speakers in space where they are reasonably happy and can image well.  I look forward to learning a ton here. Eventually I'll go with one large Heritage but for now, I'm running dual....Thanks!

Edited by roninklipsch
  • Like 1

• roninklipsch changed the title to New to Forum-Hello+ Forte III positioning with two sets of speakers ?
  • 2 weeks later...