New Klipsch subs announced

wuzzzer

I'll be interested to hear whether the new amplifier design is expected to be more reliable than the current design. Hopefully the components subject to overheating will have been beefed up and located away from other sensitive components.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, pnort said:

I'll be interested to hear whether the new amplifier design is expected to be more reliable than the current design. Hopefully the components subject to overheating will have been beefed up and located away from other sensitive components.

I would be interested in what the actual failure rate is compared to other leading sub brands.  Also note that Klipsch is now offering a 5 year warranty, which is what SVS offers.   Regardless on how you feel about putting a label on a box, I believe its them acknowledging the issue and doing what they can to back it up.  Good companies don't sell products based on the idea that it won't break, but how they handle it. 

• Like 4

Will have to see and hear them which I understand is very important but two issues for me on build design:

1.  Ebony Scratch Resistent Vinyl......Still no real wood veneer that was promised years ago I believe at CES in 2017.

2.  Appears to be a tiny on/off button located top left on the front, can't really tell.

So bottom line for the Klipsch customer that wants a sub-woofer in Real Wood well, not yet!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 8:28 AM, The Dude said:

I would be interested in what the actual failure rate is compared to other leading sub brands.  Also note that Klipsch is now offering a 5 year warranty, which is what SVS offers.   Regardless on how you feel about putting a label on a box, I believe its them acknowledging the issue and doing what they can to back it up.  Good companies don't sell products based on the idea that it won't break, but how they handle it. 

My take on the overheating issues is to physically turn them off when not in use as opposed to using the "auto on" mode.

I saw the Klipsch FB live post on the new subwoofer line and they come standard with "isolation feet" which couples the subwoofer to the floor.

SVS came out with their version Link which made an improvment for my SVS sub. Tighter bass and it no longer "walks" against the wall.