Dead High Freq horns ?? KLF-30's

oldmako

I am verklempt.   Neither of the two horns appear to be working on my port speaker.    Is this indicative of a bad crossover?   Or something else?

I thought perhaps I could swap the crossovers L to R and give a listen to see if it followed, but I'm kind of a dolt and just guessing.   Any additional ideas?

Edited by oldmako
Clarity

11 minutes ago, oldmako said:

The tweeter and the midrange on the same speaker.

Hello, May as well check the speaker wire coming into speaker rear to make certain connection from black low to black high and same for red positive to red. There is a strap connection, one for each from factory.

Maybe loose, other. 

• Like 2

Thank you, billybob.  I have been AWOL for quite a while.  Life.  Curveballs.  Plate tectonics.  Coriolis.  Unfortunate stuff like that.  

My quest ended with my Cornwalls and now I am of the age that I need to start culling the herd.  While that SUCKS, my daughter will be thrilled!  She just needs a larger house!

Edited by oldmako
Clarity.
  • Like 3

Yup, glad to see you pop in here. Curveballs have been rather common the past couple of years. I have some culling to do as well. Hope to have a system finished in the next couple of months that will allow me to get rid of other 'stuff'.

• Like 1