Klipsch Forte near or away from the rear wall debate

Idontknow

3 hours ago, hron61 said:

Well said.

When I had my Forte 1s and a pair of WL 300b's and a sub, with vinyl thats exactly how I would describe the sound.

I had the Fortes out from the wall about 5-6 feet.

A truly incredible sound.

I would close my eyes listening to the music and it would feel like I was there with the musicians. I miss that setup to this day.

My favorite thing about listening to music on my main system is when listening to James Taylor and Jackson Browne with my eyes closed and feeling like they are playing just for me in my living room. The combo of the Primaluna EVO, Forte IVs,REL S812 is pure musical joy. I want for nothing. Btw my Forte IVs sound best 12” from the back wall with a very tiny toe in  with grills on.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to hear everyone's preference for Forte location. I have IV's and prefer them about 32 inches from the back wall. After reading this thread I've learned that I like less bass than most. At 32 inches I still get plenty of bass, deep and fast, the way I like it. When I tried them 11 inches the bass was overpowering. I do have vinyl storage on the side-back of the Fortes which I think corner loads them, adding to the need to get them far from the back wall. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Agree its nice to see everyone's prefered style of listening. I'm going with the oldschool way close to the wall ,max 8inches . after this point things start to get a little loose for me. between 6-8 inches there is nice blend with the wall which is satisfying.

After all along with Chorus its the only model that the manual points the maximum distance from wall !!

Also have them near in corner on of which is formed by back wall and vinyl storage as well 

• Like 1

To my ear , this  line of speakers can sound a little thick with poorly  mastered music , particularly when  placed in a corner or tight against a wall . But that’s not unique for a speaker with such impressive low frequency response, Quartets and Forte’s can play absolutely flat to 32 hz or so , very impressive, especially considering their high efficiency. You can always pull them out our turn the bass knob down a little if needed, awesome speakers. It’s really all about personal preference, no right or wrong 🤓

On 3/22/2023 at 12:35 AM, Bananas and Blow said:

Interesting to hear everyone's preference for Forte location. I have IV's and prefer them about 32 inches from the back wall. After reading this thread I've learned that I like less bass than most. At 32 inches I still get plenty of bass, deep and fast, the way I like it. When I tried them 11 inches the bass was overpowering. I do have vinyl storage on the side-back of the Fortes which I think corner loads them, adding to the need to get them far from the back wall. 

I moved things around and this distance no longer applies. I prefer the bass now about 21.5 inches from the back wall. I can certainly get deeper and more bass if I move them closer but it overwhelms the music to my ears. I think without the vinyl storage on the sides of them I would be able to move them a few inches closer.

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2024 at 12:17 PM, Paulgi said:

Noticed in your video that the Forte and Heresy are on on legs. How high are the legs? Having the them elevated add or detract the bass?

Raising the low end driver usually reduced bass, however, I raised the Heresy 6" and the Forte 4" to increase the height of the soundstage. As far as the bottom end frequencies, my floors generate a really nice bass resonance and as a result, the bass doesn't sound compromised. You can listen to both here with earbuds.