Heresy IV -> Speaker Stands?

8 hours ago, McBlueMeter said:

Anyone knows the brand of these stands or where can get similar?

Thx much

Home Depot sells the IKEA version probably still cost you $100 and a weekends worth of work. Of course that's peanuts compared to the Skylan version in the link above at $745 they do look nice though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, veloceleste said:

Skylan can make a custom stand like the one pictured.

https://skylanstands.com/

Do you know what materials they use? Can’t tell if these stands are painted  steel, wood or MDF. I might be missing on their website???? Thx again 

UPDATE….found on website, “MDF and polymer extrusions”

11 minutes ago, McBlueMeter said:

these stands are painted  steel, wood or MDF. 

I really like these stands   ,  I  would make these out of BB  or MDF .

Each Heresy stand  would require 2  panels of  15.5” x  13.25”  and  8 panels of 14" or 12 " x  4 " for the vertical  posts  , 4   feet  at the bottom would complete the stand   

• 9 months later...

I would not recommend putting H IVs on stands.  On the floor a foot or so from a wall, they do not need a subwoofer.  Raising them off the floor will reduce the bass output at the very bottom.  Their slant riser bases aim the squawker and tweeter at your head, already. 

• Like 1

I listened to Heresys at a London hi-fi dealer in 1994, the way they are meant to be listened to...on the floor with the original plinth and angulation. They sounded very right that way. Anything that raises them reduces the bass and the sound will be very out of balance. It's an improvement for the worse. A Heresy is something I'll have to buy as long as I live, despite my UG Jubilie and my 1977 La Scala, just because I've never forgotten what I heard in London.

• Like 1