Restoring Old SF-1 Klipsch Towers

I have a set of older SF-1 Klipsch floor speakers...looks like bass reflex port on the rear, 1-6.5" woofer and a 1" horn tweeter.  One speaker plays nicely, but the other one buzzes, clicks and the only music sounds high pitched from the tweeter.  I'm not sure if it is a bad woofer or maybe a crossover?  I also know that they probably aren't worth much so I don't want to sink a ton of money into them.  But, if feasible, I'd like to fix them up and use as a garage system with a Sony 2 chan receiver that I have or maybe just sell them paired with the Sony. 

My question is, where can I find info on what speaker and crossover parts I might need and where to buy?  I found an old SF-1 owners manual online that calls for K-1075-SB 6.5" woofers, but all I see on eBay is K-1078's.  Are they the same?  Would there be a noticeable difference between the two speaker sounds?  Could/should I replace both woofers with copper speakers?

This is a side project so nothing pressing!  Any help or info would be appreciated!

tzayhqvwyrpqwg5u9kcq.webp

ScreenHunter_1227 Mar. 06 09.53.jpg

I hooked up an amp last night and sound only comes out of the tweeter!  The 6.5" woofer is completely silent and no vibrations at all...does this sound like a bad woofer or a bad crossover?  I still have to pop them open and do some more testing but I would think a blown woofer would still vibrate and make some noise? 

Guess you can pull that speaker and test it, paying attention to the wires from crossover and reseat them.

While looking maybe, can have  look at the crossovers making certain all is tight and looking right. Guess connects can get loose over time. Sure you likely 

know already.

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Guess you can pull that speaker and test it, paying attention to the wires from crossover and reseat them.

While looking maybe, can have  look at the crossovers making certain all is tight and looking right. Guess connects can get loose over time. Sure you likely 

know already.

Indeed.  I'm hoping for a lose connection but there are a few SF-1 crossovers for sale that I have so far resisted pulling the trigger on buying!  I'll know more over the weekend for sure!  Just haven't had time to tear into it!

• Like 1