La Scala’s Stereophile April 2023 review

Ponch0069

5 hours ago, carewser said:

please explain how you figured out which pair of Audioengine's I own and what their sensitivity rating is. Like the person here that randomly mentioned the Bose 901's you randomly brought the Dayton B652's into the conversation but find me a cheaper speaker with a ribbon tweeter than Dayton's B652 Air's 

I could care less which ones you own , but none of them are even   remotely comparable to Lascala . Lascala owners expect their speakers to reproduce a big,  true  to life ,live performance, right in their own  living room . And Lascala does this  with great ease and starling clarity ( realism) . Others have different tastes entirely .🤓

1 hour ago, carewser said:

The guy here with the hillbilly name (and predictably poor writing skills to match) actually makes a good point,

Always interesting to see someone with a chip on their shoulder trolling for a fight with insults from your first post.  Unfortunately others here have fed the troll.  There is no winning when the only goal is to start a fight. 

Lock this thread and show the troll the door.  He can take his anger elsewhere. 

EDIT - others beat me too it while I was posting.  Good job guys!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carewser said:

the problem is, 51hz isn't really deep or full sounding

The thing is, both pair of LS I owned could reproduce the B string on a five string bass... 31Hz. Is it as loud as some other speakers? Nope, but it's there. It's not like everything below 51Hz completely disappears.

I don't have a home theater,with lots of LFE. Don't care...

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Always interesting to see someone with a chip on their shoulder trolling for a fight with insults from your first post.  Unfortunately others here have fed the troll.  There is no winning when the only goal is to start a fight. 

Lock this thread and show the troll the door.  He can take his anger elsewhere. 

EDIT - others beat me too it while I was posting.  Good job guys!

Yes 🤓

Edited by Tom05

13 minutes ago, Marvel said:

The thing is, both pair of LS I owned could reproduce the B string on a five string bass... 31Hz. Is is as loud as some other speakers? Nope, but it's there. It's not llike everything below 51Hz completely disappears.

I don't have a home theater,with lots of LFE. Don't care...

You pick up a lot of room gain near walls and corners. So yeah, plenty deep enough for most music, and you get life-like transients. 

Good sub(s) are a must for pretty much any loudspeaker if you’re “a bass hound”.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hanksjim1 said:

Have you heard them?

Nope and even if I had the chance to hear them I wouldn't

1 hour ago, Tom05 said:

I could care less which ones you own , but non of them are even   remotely comparable to Lascala . Lascala owners expect their speakers to reproduce a big,  true  to life ,live performance, right in their own  living room . And Lascala does this  with great ease and starling clarity ( realism) . Others have different tastes entirely .🤓

The problem here is, you don't know what you're talking about when you said my Audioengine's have a sensitivity rating of 83db although i'm sure the LaScala's can play much louder than my little 100 watt Audioengine's as they should

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, carewser said:

i'm judging them strictly on their specs 

I was guilty of that myself when I was younger. Spec believer. You deserve it to yourself to hear a pair one day if you truly love music. Horns are not everyone's cup of tea, I will say that much but it is what turns me on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You should go out and listen to a big powerhouse horn  speaker system , like Lascala , and then report back . The speakers that you are referring too , are closer to IPhone speakers than the big Klipsch speakers  .BTW I was only joking about the B652  , you don’t really admire them do you?no offense 🤓BTW nothing wrong with you being a troll , just behave yourself.

2 hours ago, henry4841 said:

And for what they cost they sound really good. Have 2 pair myself. 

They do , I’ve got a set of the original, and the air . I prefer the originals. I use them for Tv sound .Particularly good on speech , and cheap .🤓