Forte IV comparison to Chorus II

Imsjry

I realize this may be an apples to oranges question, but as someone who had and loved and wished he didn't get rid of his Chorus II's, I'm very curious about the Forte IV. If you HAD to compare the two, what would the major similarities and differences be?

For context, I sold my Chorus II's due to room size and once I heard my current Focal speakers, I thought they did everything a little better than the Chorus II's (clearer, more defined, less boomy, wider stage). I, like many who sell their Heritage speakers, am realizing the Chorus's just had a certain special magic to them that I'm now missing. I'm thinking the Forte IV would be a great gateway back from the dark side. 

Thoughts? And thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

A more accurate comparison would be a Cornwall version IV.  I owned forte II for 30 years.  Recently sold and bought forte IV.  The IV series, Cornwall & forte are more refined.  The forte IV, INMHO has a punchier bass that you can feel, whereas the Cornwall IV is more encompassing.  the forte IV is 99db, sensitivity whereas the Cornwall is 102db.  The forte IV is often described as the little brother to the Cornwall IV.  I disagree and believe both have their own sound signature.  Prior to purchasing the forte IV, I auditioned both and still prefer the forte over the Cornwall IV.  However, everyone's idea of what sounds good is different, so audition both before purchasing either.

• Like 2

I guess what I’m really asking is having had the Forte II and Chorus II in the past, does the Forte IV bring anything new/different sound-wise to the table or are they upgraded components with the same good old Klipsch sound I’d be used to. I suppose I should just try to audition them but nothing sounds the same in a store as in your living room. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Imsjry said:

I guess what I’m really asking is having had the Forte II and Chorus II in the past, does the Forte IV bring anything new/different sound-wise to the table or are they upgraded components with the same good old Klipsch sound I’d be used to.

I have yet to hear the new F-IV but from what I gather it is head and shoulders above the older iterations due to advancements in horn / phase plug technology, significantly higher end compression driver in the mid range and the latest and greatest extreme slope crossovers. 

• Like 2

There is no way I would ever ~really~ know the difference in our ChorusII and new Forte IV unless they were sitting in the exact same spots, using the exact same gear adjusted the same exact way sitting in my usual exact same spot playing the same exact music at same exact volume levels.. Just my own honest take on this. Our son grew up with Klipsch in our home, first with Heresy's and then ChorusII's. He is in love with his new ForteIV's and does have a local dealer return option. No doubt about it..he's keeping these.. Looking forward to listening. Just wish he didn't move so far away...(career) If possible ...test drive them in your own home (return policy is necessary) and decide from there.

• Like 2