Enclosing Klipschorn backs (kind of) like Jubilees

dug

Has anyone considered enclosing Khorns so the mouth of the horn is parallel (as opposed to perpendicular) to the bass' baffle?

The benefit I can imagine is elongating the bass' horn, the disadvantage I can see is creating a larger, heavier unit. 

Thoughts please!

I don't think you understood my question, @PrestonTom. I'm talking about enclosing the backs not as per the current models, but by extending the horn so it is flush or parallel with the bass cabinet's baffle - not perpendicular. Making the bass cabinet a triangle, in other words..

K Horns have a void on each side to complete the triangle.  I have some cabs that have this removed. 

I have considered following the sides without extending the triangle when I build these.  Roy had stated when developing the Jubilee that when he brought the sides in from the wall, they went up higher.  I am sure that there is a lot more to it than that and I hope that I am stating the correctly. 

The problem will be that they likely still need to be corner loaded to dig deed, in which case they should follow the wall. 

P6050269.JPG

P6050268.JPG

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

K Horns have a void on each side to complete the triangle.  I have some cabs that have this removed. 

I have considered following the sides without extending the triangle when I build these.  Roy had stated when developing the Jubilee that when he brought the sides in from the wall, they went up higher.  I am sure that there is a lot more to it than that and I hope that I am stating the correctly. 

The problem will be that they likely still need to be corner loaded to dig deed, in which case they should follow the wall. 

P6050269.JPG

P6050268.JPG

didn't quite follow you there..

• Confused 1