[Sold] RSX-5's for Sale

The History Kid

• 10 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 5:10 PM, xo705cf said:

This is how I did mine, however those are fours not fives that are mounted in the atmos position… keep in mind. The fives are pretty big.  I have my fives mounted on the back wall as rear surrounds.  The fives may seem a bit obtrusive as Atmos speakers, depending on the size of your room but I’m not sure what your situation is.  The fours seem to be the perfect fit in my room.  However, regardless of the size, make sure you are using a stud if you’re mounting them overhead on the ceiling. I would be careful to use anchors in that situation.  Hope this helps, and by the way they sound awesome.

FA99FDE9-14E5-4C97-A063-A282EC04AED2.jpeg

4C0B8EE4-3754-40EE-BE0E-A77DAFCC1C75.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures, i have tough time mounting these speakers in the ceiling. Unable to install the screws through the bracket. Did you remove the speaker from the base before installation to the ceiling?

• Like 1

Yes, remove the base from the speaker and then attach the base to the ceiling first… after the base is attached to the ceiling insert the screws that you used to attach the speaker to the base into the base, but don’t tighten them all the way down, leave them loose enough so that you can put the bottom of the speaker back onto the plate and then slide it forward and then tighten the screws down once it’s in the 3 slots properly.  I say this because I had a speaker casualty because I didn’t have it properly tightened down when I was installing in and up completely breaking one of my speakers as fell 10 feet to the tile floor below…

• Like 1