Is the K-47-EP2 an OEM Eminence KAPPAPRO18LF8 ?

Knight2001DTS

Hi!!!

Im having a hell of a time finding a pair of K-47-EP2 drivers to make a second KPT-684, so have been looking under every rock…..

In doing so, I have compared the Eminence KAPPAPRO18LF8 driver 

It is visually identical, and even the specs and sensitivity (+6db for a pair of drivers in parallel) is a match for the KPT-684

Is it possible these drivers are actually one and the same with a different sticker on the back??

sure would make my life easier as they are available off the shelf new

cheers!!!

The Klipsch woofers usually have the Eminence manufacturing number on them. I've used that to ask for the t/s parameters and they have usually sent an email with them.

They usually won't match any of the regular production drivers.

• Like 1

Hi!!

thanks for the replies….

I have been in touch with Eminence and indeed - a couple of their production drivers are similar but not the same.

I will ask to see how f they will give me the t/S parameters and get the closest I can if I still can’t find original Klipsch drivers.

cheers!!

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I have a friend on the Great Reef

Shipping is horrendous. 🙄

I have friends from when I lived in Memphis, who moved to Australia in 1980. For the past few years they've been in Tasmanis, most recenly down in Hobart. Early on, when they would need to fly back to the States, they would carry a bag of rocks back with them. The bag of rock were uncut opals. They sold them to a jeweler here to pay for their trip back home.