Klipschorn Bad Review - ???

Watched most of it, it was pretty painful but entertaining as well.

I'm no khorn expert, but I do read a lot about khorns, never had a pair or even heard a pair, but it does seem he never even read the owner's manual about how to properly set them up, even Stevie Wonder could see that the setup was not right.

I love how he is smarter than PWK, as he wants to totally redesign them too. Lol

I'll go be a poor now and listen to my properly setup and great sounding Kg2s.

Edited by hron61
  • Haha 2

When he was grabbing the torx bit with a pair of pliers, I thought I was going to scream out loud. He bought a pair of $14,000 speakers but does not own a bit ratchet, or adapter for a regular ratchet, a torx socket, or a driver handle for most of the screws that were not under the edge of the cabinet?? Holeey crap....

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Idontknow said:

I've always questioned his use of insulation or whatever it is for walls with that speaker.

Right, to me it seems like that would work against the bass.

In all fairness, I have never had the pleasure of hearing a pair of Khorns. Kinda pointless now that too many power tools and shooting has done its thing to my ears and on top of that, the Tinnitus is like a chorus of Cicadas 24/7.....

OK.. I went ahead and watched this 'review'. It should actually be a how to vid.. at least on the exact way to NOT position Klipschorns and that its not a good idea to place sheets of insulation on the front of the walls directly behind those speakers. Would love to have seen a wider view of that room too. I may be wrong on this. But hey...I might be right. 🤔 Drove to the city and wanted to listen to a properly set up pair they had. Long ago now...  They were in the corners (properly) of a good sized room inside a stereo shop. All I can remember now is that they completely amazed me. But...were too expensive then as they still are today for our income 'bracket'. Build back better!

• Like 2

Not saying this is accurate, but with the closed backs, do they technically need to be "shoved" in the corners?  It appears that they are in corners, just not shoved in.  The insulation should be acting similarly to sound treatments, some rooms even have just fabric walls with insulation for sound purposes.  Not saying this is all correct, but I can see the therory behind it.  Yes, the guy seems to be a nut job. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not saying this is accurate, but with the closed backs, do they technically need to be "shoved" in the corners?  It appears that they are in corners, just not shoved in.  The insulation should be acting similarly to sound treatments, some rooms even have just fabric walls with insulation for sound purposes.  Not saying this is all correct, but I can see the therory behind it.  Yes, the guy seems to be a nut job. 

Look at the side adjacent top the wall, like 3" from the wall blocking the exit of the bass bins.  Then he says that the bass does not integrate.  With enclosed backs you can pull them out, but I think that they will still lose the lower octaves as you need a big bass horn (the false corners are four feet, but that probably is not a requirement as it is exactly one half of a sheet of wood). 

I only watched a minute or two, but I thought that he lived in an apocalypse bunker from the looks of the back wall.   But look at the furniture and other equipment.  This does not look like a grimy cave.  I think he might have done that to the back wall on purpose as some sort of audiophile treatment.  Maybe from some witch doctor website where they charge $300 for an outlet. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, hron61 said:

I just noticed this in the picture...

At least he has good taste in music, Led Zeppelin ll album is front and center.  👍

That's Led Zeppelin THREE (III) to you!

You can't take the review seriously; any speaker that has been in production since what, 1947?, can't be that bad. In fact, it must be THAT GOOD.