Klipschorn Bad Review - ???

4 hours ago, Peter P. said:

That's Led Zeppelin THREE (III) to you!

Yep, that's what I meant. Missed it by...that much. Lol

How's them steamed burgers these days?

Haven't been there in many years. I still remember how good they were.

Me and a buddy used to hit those str$# clubs in Meriden back in the day.

We're from Groton and worked at the boat. Wish I could go back to Ct.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hron61 said:

Ted's Restaurant is still going strong-the birthplace of the steamed cheeseburger! Lunch and weekends are a fight to find a seat.

However, a former employee opened up a store selling the real deal with less charm than the original, but it's clean and nearby!

Can't comment on the strip clubs 'cus I've never been to any of them; maybe if they had a pair of Klipschorns I'd go!

And of course, Electric Boat is still banging out subs. I believe they have a new contract to build subs such that they are short of skilled people to build them. The State of CT has created training programs at the high school and community college level to hopefully fill the void.

I worked a couple times at E.B. as a contractor, servicing their radio equipment. I had the pleasure to climb into the cockpit of the overhead crane high above the sub under construction, and see the open missile hatches and the reactor (at least I think it was the reactor!), which was preparing to be installed in the sub. What a sight.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

as bad as he bad mouthed these, I would think he would give them away for pennies on the dollar. 

Its OK to not like a speaker, but his setup is ridiculous.  What speaker will sound good 3" from a side wall, especially one with a bass exit there, and he is complaining that they do not mesh together well. 

The really funny thing is the multiple hour long videos.  Something isn't quite right based on this obsessive behavior.  Always weird to see this.

48 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Its OK to not like a speaker, but his setup is ridiculous.  What speaker will sound good 3" from a side wall, especially one with a bass exit there, and he is complaining that they do not mesh together well. 

The really funny thing is the multiple hour long videos.  Something isn't quite right based on this obsessive behavior.  Always weird to see this.

I haven't watched all of either of them but got a jest of his personality.  It did seem like he started to open up about them in the second video.  His Fable or Moral he was looking for was quite obvious...yeah read the manual dummy, this can alleviate a lot of warranty repairs.  I can see being mad at poor quality terminal stirps, none of mine on my B stock Cornwall IVS are that way.  So you know what I'd do...put in a warranty claim.  I'm not wondering if these are B stock with no warranty and he's mad that they aren't a stock quality?

For as long as K-horn has been around there is always going to be some jerk saying something negative about them. Nature of people. I have not watched the review in question feeling it is not worth wasting my time. Best speaker I have heard when one could go to an audio store and directly compare them to every other speaker they sold. 

Recently interested in one of those mattress' in a box at Amazon and noticed one very popular one that someone had started rumors of bed bugs in the mattress when received new. Seriously doubt it to be true for many reasons but certainly gives buyers some concern hurting sales. Competitor more than likely post the review and then the rumors started from there. 

• Like 2