Stereophile La Scala AL5 review

Stubb

24 minutes ago, Stubb said:

deep bass is absent

Didn't bother the reviewer:

"While I noticed bass missing on certain electronic music and hip hop recordings, I rarely missed it; some La Scala owners, though, use a subwoofer. I should add that, despite being limited, the Klipsches' bass is in no way wimpy: When called upon, the big horns emitted bass notes as stentorian and downright scary as any speakers I've lived with."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stubb said:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/klipsch-la-scala-al5-loudspeaker

Alex Halberstadt loves their dynamics, soundstage, and engaging presentation but comments on how they need a large room and deep bass is absent.

I must be deaf , or is this a lovely bass , sounds good to me , aint no subs around either 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds good to me as well. It might be generational, a lot of the young are used to hearing unrealistic hyper bass. Fine if you like it I suppose, but not my cup of tea. I occasionally switch the crossover for my sub to 40 (when I don't just put things on Large for music). The sub rarely makes a sound. With most music there is very little if anything below 40-50.

• Like 1