No air from sub...

Fossey

Hey all.

When I first got my Promedias about a year ago, I thought they sounded pretty decent (much better than my previous setup).

But then I heard a friend's Promedias (same sound card settings and everything). I noticed that at high volumes, there was a LOT of air coming out of his subwoofer, where mine would produce practically no air, and some distortion. No matter how high the settings were for my speakers, both on the control pod and the software mixers, I would get little air, and greater distortion with higher volumes. It just sounds a good bit weaker than I would expect from this system. I bought the newer control pod, but that didn't seem to do anything for my problem.

Does anybody think that this is a problem with the subwoofer itself? Does anyone have a similar situation? I have my speakers hooked up to a SBlive sound card (Gold-plated connectors), set to Paragon's recommendations. Any advice would be much appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is that you need to break it in. This may be all in my head, but I noticed that my sub didn't sound really good, until I hooked it up to my tv in a large room and played them really loud, and every once in a while to their max. It also may be the song that you are playing. Lower notes push a lot more air then high notes. Try these songs. I also noticed that my friends new 4.1 have very boomy base, not tight at all (though it might be that it is under a desk next to 3 walls.)