PLEASE, Remove that JUNK at top

mobile homeless

I agree with that suggestion! I just read the "Bigger CES Klipsch News" thread (yeah, I know, on top of things as usual) and boy, did that go downhill fast. Old "hornsandtubes" seems to be a leader of the trolls, and a diplomat to boot (and boot hard). You have to feel sorry for him, though, being married to Hilary Clinton can take it's toll and skew your perspective! 9.gif

Rule of thumb: A good horn speaker should take more than one person to lift!

It's there on top as a reminder to us all. The Moderators want us to read it and learn from our mistakes. To keep to the subject matter at hand, and not to blast those that we have a difference of opinion with.

Newbie hornsandtubes was a very hard-headed individual who liked to play hard ball his own way. Granted, he had his opinions...we all do concerning what we like and dislike about certain loudspeaker designs...but he shouldn't have knocked what others liked simply because he hated them. I love my Cornwalls, and no matter what others may think of their boxy, old fashioned appearance or their sound quality, I won't knock someone for not liking their style or harsh sound. Just like when I looked at the latest Reference offerings by Klipsch, I personally don't care for their appearance (as I stated in another thread), but I'm not going to spew forth mean and nasty comments just because they're not my cup of tea! I'm sure alot of R&D went into the design of these newest loudspeakers, and they probably sound spectacular...if I ever audition them, I might just love the sound they produce! If ol' thornsandpubes had been a little more open-minded and not critized everyone for what they liked, then maybe the thread would still be open for more critical and insightful discussion.

To err is human, I suppose. 15.gif

If hornsandtubes is still out there, then please read this fast 3 times:

I AM REE TODD DID.

I AM SOFA KING REE TODD DID!

11.gif

There has been more than one posting in more than one thread almost daring this beast to rear it's ugly head again.

I for one feel we have lot's of know how, and quick witt'ed enough members to confront this guy in a adult fashion dealing with audio related topics.

If we can keep the personal comments to a minimium and not react out of emotion then anyone is welcome here. If not then you can expect to get put in your place and don't bother pouting about it.

Dale, I cannot agree more strongly here. When I saw that thread STILL hanging about, I wasted more time and wrote a POST in the Website Forum here. I then did a followup and brought it to the top, imploring the moderator and/or webmaster to junk it.

This morning, I wrote BobG a personal email, saying the same thing. It would take no more than 2 seconds to fix. The fact that it's been up there for over a week is hard to believe.

IT was a poor call to stick it there in the first place, even for a day. Now that it's been DAYS, I just dont get it. It's already been sterilized and no one can post in it, two other wrong calls. But to have it up top? I sure wish I had access to make some changes here.

kh

ps- The Eagles-Tampa game is excellent for those not watching. Hell, it's even too cold to go on the beach today with a wind-chill factor of 30 F.

"Hell, it's even too cold to go on the beach today with a wind-chill factor of 30 F."

I was in Boyne City, Michigan this week in the evening the wind chill was about -15 F. You are having weather where I still wear shorts and a sweatshirt.

That guys bashing ticked me off in the locked out thread.

I only get rattled when people represent BS as objective fact.

Usable bass to 16 HZ for music in a full range speaker? I do not research this kind of objective.

BUT

For many thousands of dollars perhaps. And I do not think vinyl can reproduce that low of bass effectively as i remember reading.

Vent over

Rick

Ding-dong the thread is dead;

Which old thread? The wicked thread,

Ding-dong the wicked thread is dead!

Wake up you sleepyhead,

Rub your eyes, get out of bed;

Wake up the wicked thread is dead!

It's gone where the goblins go,

Below - below - below...

Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.

Ding Dong the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low,

Let them know the Wicked thread is dead! 11.gif