Heresy I Tweeter Location

HSavasten

I recently acquired some commercial Heresys (SN 141X569) and was planning on cutting into them to add tweeters. I was just wondering if anyone has the measurements to figure out where exactly they would need to go? They don't have any markings for where the tweeter should go.

Stock k77 cutout is 4.1" by 1.6" with rounded corners that match the mid cutout radius.

On the Heresy 1 the bottom of it is about 3/4" above the mid cutout for the k700.  Heresy 1.5 with the rear mounted resin mid horn (k701) it is a little higher because the upper flange of the the mid horn isn't notched like the metal mid horn is. 

Google interior pics and you'll see what I mean.

On 3/21/2023 at 12:39 PM, HSavasten said:

I recently acquired some commercial Heresys (SN 141X569) and was planning on cutting into them to add tweeters. I was just wondering if anyone has the measurements to figure out where exactly they would need to go? They don't have any markings for where the tweeter should go.

no need to cut anything , just mount the tweeter on a bracket  on the outside , what kind of tweeters do you have 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah like winglet said these are just two ways and are in a Heresy Cabinet (and have a Heresy label) but there is no access hole for tweeters but it does have type E crossovers with a hookup and proper circuitry to simply cut a hole and wire up a tweeter.

As OO1 said, if you have a tweeter, you could mount it in a separate baffle and place on top of the cabinets. That way you could also slide it back so the mid and tweet diaphragms are more closely aligned, so they are also 'time' aligned. That will help with mid/tweeter smear at the crossover point.

Here's a pic of ones I had on top of my La Scalas.

post-5045-0-48820000-1398354291.jpg