The Most Cohesive forte IV Review I Have Heard. Review Is Spot On INMHO

7 hours ago, Steve. said:

Can't believe I have had mine for two years.....  still love 'em 

Since getting the Forte IVs two years ago I have added the REL S812 Sub and changed outa lot of my preamp tubes along with upgrading the power supply in my Node 2i. It just keeps getting better and better here and I love the music more and more every day

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fido said:

Since getting the Forte IVs two years ago I have added the REL S812 Sub and changed outa lot of my preamp tubes along with upgrading the power supply in my Node 2i. It just keeps getting better and better here and I love the music more and more every day

I love my Bluesound Node 2i. What power supply upgrade did you go with for yours? 

1 hour ago, SWL said:

I love my Bluesound Node 2i. What power supply upgrade did you go with for yours? 

I bought the kit that Vinshine Audio sells. It Includes the circuit that goes in the Node and the external power supply. vinshine is the worldwide distributor for Denefrips products.  Very easy upgrade and Node 2i sounds better than ever. The Node 2i with the external power supply sounds as good as much higher priced streamers.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Steve. said:

Amplifier choice is so important with these speakers.   He is dead on about that .   With the right amp they are amazing 

I agree with this. Amp pairing is incredibly important with the Heresy as well. Fussy about placement as well. They are such bold speakers, they are unforgiving of anything off in the system. When you get them right though they are my favorite speaker I've ever heard. The best I've head my Forte IV sound are with the Cary Audio SLI-80 signature tube amp. It's a relaxed sounding amp which pairs like heaven with the forward sounding Heritage line.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve. said:

Amplifier choice is so important with these speakers.   He is dead on about that .   With the right amp they are amazing 

I agree with this. Amp pairing is incredibly important with the Heresy as well. Fussy about placement as well. They are such bold speakers, they are unforgiving of anything off in the system. When you get them right though they are my favorite speaker I've ever heard. The best I've head my Forte IV sound are with the Cary Audio SLI-80 signature tube amp. It's a relaxed sounding amp which pairs like heaven with the forward sounding Heritage line.

54 minutes ago, moray james said:

here is an honest set of reliable measurements done on a klippel system by a competent technician.

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/klipsch_forte_iv/

Wow

Quite a set of charts

Not sure I understand all of them

declining IQ, perhaps I can be a national leader now.

Looks like the LF rear radiator works well bouncing off the walls and floors etc.

the slope on the crossovers, looks more gentle than I expected to see

Not sure if the slopes are "good or bad"

My simplified world view :

Is female vocal sweet when it is supposed to be

Is the leading edge of a piano strike sharp

Does the kick drum sound tight or muddy

I'll watch the YT review, and hopefully find out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, moray james said:

here is an honest set of reliable measurements done on a klippel system by a competent technician.

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/klipsch_forte_iv/

If you listen to charts and graphs and like a grumpy old man who has an agenda that website is great. Can't stand the guy, his disposition or a bunch of his contributions to another forum I frequent where he didn't exactly portray himself in a positive nor professional light. But if you judge a system by math, I suppose it might be useful. 

• Haha 1