in-cieling speakers comparison / reality

Momonucleosis

Hi all, 

a local has 4 x CDT-5650-C II for sale, BNIB at below half price retail.

For a  little less after taxes  (so new obviously) i can get 4 x CS-16C-II ... without even shopping around. So, probably save some cash if i wait for a sale, or shop aggressively. 

For those that have gone the atmos in-ceiling route, does one really benefit from better speakers up there?

Should i just get the cheapest Klipsch (to at least kind of match tonally my RF64/RC64/RS52/RB15) 7.1 atmos upgrade starting point?

fwiw, the BNIB 5650s can be opened and tested prior to purchase, so not too worried about that aspect.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Momonucleosis said:

Hi all, 

a local has 4 x CDT-5650-C II for sale, BNIB at below half price retail.

For a  little less after taxes  (so new obviously) i can get 4 x CS-16C-II ... without even shopping around. So, probably save some cash if i wait for a sale, or shop aggressively. 

For those that have gone the atmos in-ceiling route, does one really benefit from better speakers up there?

Should i just get the cheapest Klipsch (to at least kind of match tonally my RF64/RC64/RS52/RB15) 7.1 atmos upgrade starting point?

fwiw, the BNIB 5650s can be opened and tested prior to purchase, so not too worried about that aspect.

Thanks,

Andrew

Since you are using  7.1 system now, how are you planning on using 4 ceiling speakers for Atmos? Or is your AVR capable of driving 4 additional Atmos ceiling speakers, connections beyond your 7.1?

You have a nice system now.

Since you are not sure of Atmos and it's benefits at the moment, would get the best deal, as you may not be enchanted with Atmos. Unless I misunderstand. Some members here can tell you about their experience.

Welcome  @Momonucleosis

Would stick with the Klipsch for tone. 

Edited by billybob

• 2 weeks later...