Has anyone had any experience of Denon POA 6600 Mono Blocks?

oldenough

Hi all!! I've not been around the forum for the longest time. Anywhoo a question, Has anyone had any experience of Denon POA 6600 Monoblocks, I'm hoping to use them with my RF-5's. Also what is the advantage  of balanced inputs? I'm going to have to use them as one of the amps has a broken RCA input.

• Like 1

Good to see you again, no direct experience with those amps, but the power should provide some good overhead.  There can some benefit to balanced, as OO1 has mentioned, there may be less noise, in my experience that's only over longer runs.  Also in my experience, going balanced usually provides more output voltage to the amplifier allowing it to perform at its full potential (not sure if that is the correct terminology or if it even matters with those amps).  

Thanks for the replies, and the welcome. I found these amps in a thrift store while I was travelling, I've now got home and hooked them up, they do power-up, but no output. Ah well!! Probably a bit overkill anyway, but I sure would have liked to see what 260 wpc would do for me... lol. I'll lift the lids of 'em, and see if there is anything obvious at fault.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 5:11 AM, The Dude said:

I think its odd that both units have failed.  Hopefully its simple fix.  Sign up at Hifiengine as it appears they may have a schematic.

hfe_denon_poa-6600_schematic.pdf 530.56 kB · 1 download

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/denon/poa-6600.shtml

I was thinking the same. I think they have sat unused for a while, both seem to have leaky capacitors. No smell or signs of any burning. I guess I'll get them to a technician to check over.

• Like 2