KG 2.2s $125, Chicago

Rivernuggets

Thanks @Rivernuggets! Headed into the city for breakfast and snagged ‘em on the way home. He took $100 and even threw in a generous bundle of Monster Cable. Super-nice guy. They’re practically flawless and sound great. The lightness at the bottom sides is from glass reflection. Not faded in the slightest and the bottoms look as good as the tops. Wow. 

And no they’re not staying there. Temporarily audition 😉

C5D2989B-AD7A-4D72-9BFE-8E0D69D1ECDC.jpeg

90D16BB8-7B39-42BD-B07E-29543C00E1C5.jpeg

ADE7EE91-D496-4550-ACB6-0C73F24AEAE6.jpeg

E83B55E2-46D6-4D01-8681-B982BFCAA24B.jpeg

291FC3D3-BD13-4C54-AE15-2479FE731D90.jpeg

03A88332-0287-4AEB-94B0-79117862DA66.jpeg

93C49CB2-D12F-473F-A9A3-67E26FA0376A.jpeg

• Like 8

Excellent! Glad you got them @Micklipsch.  Very clean condition for sure! Great sounding speakers for their size, surprising amount of Bass.

All my nephews and nieces get this model KG as they turn 13, furnished with a simple used receiver, usually a Panasonic SA-XR55. The hunt is fun for me and they get some nice gear.

Happy listening to you!

• Like 2

Ours are the 2.5 version. The only difference I am aware of is the pre-drilled for omni-mount brackets. You got a good deal on those for sure!  Seems some folks sure trash speakers for some reason. Those are clean and were very reasonable. We've had ours for many years now. Well done Micklipsch ! Love em'

_MG_5487d.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Excellent! Glad you got them @Micklipsch.  Very clean condition for sure! Great sounding speakers for their size, surprising amount of Bass.

All my nephews and nieces get this model KG as they turn 13, furnished with a simple used receiver, usually a Panasonic SA-XR55. The hunt is fun for me and they get some nice gear.

Happy listening to you!

Thanks! That's a fantastic way to help preserve sonic bliss in a day and age where kids and, sadly, adults, think that lossy music sounds good coming from a cellphone speaker. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Mikekid said:

Ours are the 2.5 version. The only difference I am aware of is the pre-drilled for omni-mount brackets. You got a good deal on those for sure!  Seems some folks sure trash speakers for some reason. Those are clean and were very reasonable. We've had ours for many years now. Well done Micklipsch ! Love em'

_MG_5487d.jpg

Thanks, Mike! That's great how you've got them cleanly up there. Do you feel they provide decent surround sound even though they're not being angled down?

• Like 2

I've also come to understand that these 2.2s, and likely 2.5s, are the closest timber match to the KG4s. So I could always flip one on its side, resituate the Klipsch emblem and call it good. Seems the sole difference from the center from Klipsch other than emblem placement was the V denotion for video shielding with CRT monitors, which's of course pretty moot today. But at the same time, I honestly feel the KV4's doing well with the KG4s. I'll probably do some tests though to see if I don't know what I'm missing.

• Like 1

Yes, they are mounted about 9 feet behind us and 7 feet up on wall. They are far enough away that they work beautifully towed in a bit and level (not tilted downward).. Tilted down or level made no difference. If we were closer to them, would have probably needed to tilt down some. Meter adjusted speakers across the entire room from seated position, meter set at 75 db. Beautiful sound! Those round 'horns' work great!👌 Amazing clarity and match for surrounds in our setup for sure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikekid said:

Yes, they are mounted about 9 feet behind us and 7 feet up on wall. They are far enough away that they work beautifully towed in a bit and level (not tilted downward).. Tilted down or level made no difference. If we were closer to them, would have probably needed to tilt down some. Meter adjusted speakers across the entire room from seated position, meter set at 75 db. Beautiful sound! Those round 'horns' work great!👌 Amazing clarity and match for surrounds in our setup for sure.

Makes sense—love it! Thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

I did forget to add that we changed tweeter diaphragms in all 5 speakers to the Crites titanium ones. Just eventually wanted the exact ones across the board anyway. The left original tweet would make a slight crackle once in a great while, so I went ahead and swapped those finally as well a few years back. The last ones I swapped.

• Like 1