Selling is a hassle

eth2

Ive had three bad experiences trying to sell audio equipment in the past three weeks. Three times, I’ve been told that the writer would buy the piece. Once he didn’t show up and twice the purchaser claimed they couldn’t come up with the money. This last time I pulled my system apart, spent two hours packaging the piece, only to be told they were sorry but couldn’t come up with the money. It’s just tiring. 
Twice I was able to sell to another buyer, but come on!  Please be considerate of sellers. If you don’t have the money, don’t offer to buy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I'm not very good at selling either. If I had a $1000.00 bag of gold coins and somebody offered me $100.00 I would say OK, it's yours. When I sell it's gone before it's gone.

JJK

I'm making myself a reminder to follow all your for sale ads…😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I rarely sell things. I keep them until they're worn out and no one wants them. I take a lot of time when I purchase so I get what I want. Took me almost two years to find my Heresy. And they're not going anywhere. Might sell the Topping PA3s not sure yet.

• Like 3

I'm selling La Scalas right now.  Spent 3 hours giving a demo to a buyer and they walked.  I've now got a second guy wanting to demo.  I have fun demoing, but I can't keep doing this. 

I've decided I'm no longer going to sell things under $100.  It ALWAYS requires more time than you expect.

Some people make it easy to not sell to them. I’ve had a guy sending snide emails because he thinks I should have posted more pictures. If he had simply said, please send pictures of…, fine. But to make a nasty comment and then expect to buy? Nah!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, eth2 said:

Some people make it easy to not sell to them. I’ve had a guy sending snide emails because he thinks I should have posted more pictures. If he had simply said, please send pictures of…, fine. But to make a nasty comment and then expect to buy? Nah!

Sold a AVR on CL a while back. Guy emails and asks what I would take for it. Told him price is in the ad, but he's welcome to make an offer. He returns a blistering email about how overpriced it is and what an a**hole I am for not giving him a better price. Did he really think this strategy was going to result in a price reduction? Of course, I didn't respond and, in fact, sold the AVR to someone else for my very reasonable asking price.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, eth2 said:

Close threads if need be, but why delete them?

• Haha 1

"Did he really think this strategy was going to result in a price reduction? Of course, I didn't respond and, in fact, sold the AVR to someone else for my very reasonable asking price."  Some folks can be real stool samples..just miserable. You handled that perfectly🤝

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 9:33 AM, tragusa3 said:

I'm selling La Scalas right now.  Spent 3 hours giving a demo to a buyer and they walked.  I've now got a second guy wanting to demo.  I have fun demoing, but I can't keep doing this. 

I've decided I'm no longer going to sell things under $100.  It ALWAYS requires more time than you expect.

Screw him.  I verify that all drivers work, check overall condition and then listen for a song or two if even.  Once in a while you meet someone you like and are having fun, but make the deal first. 

• Like 2