Lost my best friend today.

wuzzzer

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my dog last year.  After losing my wife in 2020, this dog was my constant companion.  I grew up with BIG dogs out in the country.  Imagine how I reacted when my daughter brought home a Chihuahua.  She didn't like men at all.  Turns out she was kicked and abused by a guy.  She hated me.

One day, she ran down the hallway into the living room and jumped onto the couch.  I was sitting there and she ended up in my lap.  She just froze and started shaking.  I thought, "Well, now, what do we have here?" and started talking to her.

I petted her and she kind of warmed up to me.  After that, the two of us had no more problems.  My daughter moved and of course "the dog will be better off staying here" so I accepted that.  She lived with my wife and I.

My wife got sicker and sicker and passed away in 2020.  This little dog and I were the only ones in this house and we became best friends.  She followed me everywhere.  We walked the hell out of this town and she LOVED car rides.

She was old.  Maybe 13 or 14.  She got sick and passed away.  I'd never have guessed I'd own a Chihuahua with the name she had.  I can honestly say she was the best dog I ever owned and I miss her every day.

64281391564__2B1DBD46-C8AC-4082-8F8F-62D6EE85A786.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2023 at 10:23 AM, wuzzzer said:

My precious boy.  My precious pup.  My precious little guy.  My precious Pugsy.
I hoped this day would never come but knew it would.  You lived to be almost 18 years old.  We went on so many adventures together.  South Dakota, cabins, lakes, camping.  I always looked forward to seeing your face in the window waiting for us to come home to see if we brought you a treat.  Watching you snuggle and fall asleep in momma’s arms.  Now you can sleep and be pain free.
We will always love you and never forget the joy you brought into our lives.

image.thumb.jpeg.68f1aa7637888041b3d315ec70949d9e.jpeg

Sorry for your lost. I know how you feel. I've lost mine 2 years ago and I cant believe it even till now. We fought the cancer for 5 years and 8 months. I would like to believe that I did everything I can. I  pray for her every single day.

Sorry again.

• Thanks 2

Sorry for your loss wuzzzer and everyone who has had to say goodbye to their best friend. Unfortunately, if you love dogs and you live long enough, you'll have to say goodbye too many times. For me, each time hurt more than the one before, and each time I swear I’ll never put myself through it again. They all put tears in my eyes when they passed, but they all put at least one smile on my face every day they were here.

life is better with a dog in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We lost our little rocker on the fourth, he was only 3 1/2 years old, we did the chemo thing and he fought like hell, but the cancer won, I figure he’s up there with Jimmy, Elvis, Janet, Sam Cook, Ray, and Roy, jumpin around listening to there music, we sure miss him.

IMG_0102.jpeg

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Smitty8451 said:

We lost our little rocker on the fourth, he was only 3 1/2 years old, we did the chemo thing and he fought like hell, but the cancer won, I figure he’s up there with Jimmy, Elvis, Janet, Sam Cook, Ray, and Roy, jumpin around listening to there music, we sure miss him.

IMG_0102.jpeg

I am so truly sorry for your lost. Its a family and it will never go away. Just remember, you did everything you can and most important he knows you love him. That's the best gift you can ever have. My condolences.

• Like 1