Identifying Cornwalls starting with "Z"

bryantg

Hello, 

My father left behind a pair of Cornwalls with Serial Z8W351. I can't seem to decipher this number with the info I've found online. I've looked through the pinned post but nothing seems to start with the letter Z. Just trying to figure out how good these are and if I should use them over a modern pair of Klipsch Tower speakers. 

received_883091856105959.jpeg

7 hours ago, bryantg said:

Hello, 

My father left behind a pair of Cornwalls with Serial Z8W351. I can't seem to decipher this number with the info I've found online. I've looked through the pinned post but nothing seems to start with the letter Z. Just trying to figure out how good these are and if I should use them over a modern pair of Klipsch Tower speakers. 

These 1981 speakers have the B2T  crossover which is  rare , k-33 square magnet , k-55V midrange and the k-77 square magnet  should be the drivers, badges would be the copper with embossed  black lettering 

try to pop open the back panel , you could have the K-55V  push pin or the soldered lugs k-55V  or the k-51V ,  1981 was a transition year , 

On 3/30/2023 at 9:54 AM, bryantg said:

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am a bit hesitant to open them. I might do so after I move them into the new house and I'll update this thread.

there are  oil cans  in the crossovers , I open my speakers once every 10 years to check for  leakage   and for dusting the  internals  .

13 hours ago, OO1 said:

I open my speakers once every 10 years to check for  leakage   and for dusting the  internals  .

Probably floss after eating popcorn too!  lol

:emotion-21:

I would have thought the insides would remain pristine then remembered there's a vent which might allow stuff in there.