Brand Damage

Danny Richie at GR Research posted 

and I think he’s been doing this for years but discovered he like PS Audio actively delete comments, so there’s no option to inform anyone there about klipsch or their ideas.  But I wonder what sort of legal protections are available for mass media style brand damage attempts versus what any old school shade tree mechanic might say to get some work.  The comments are insidious, and I know from being a long time customer Klipsch plays well in the sandbox with the industry. Maybe he’s too small a gnat to attend to, but usually broadcast media invokes other rules about trash talk.  It’s one thing to offer aftermarket “performance” like any auto parts store.  It seems entirely different to go on and on on mass media about OEM parts and the brand in general. 

Thoughts anyone?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I don't know if he is wrong, or right

He does make a fact based argument

so you can take measurements

and argue the facts with him

The other question is what were the design goals for the factory product

and did it meet them.

And are Dan's design goals something different.

Such as designed for rooms between these dimensions

with the listeners sitting in this arc.....

• Like 2

Saw him complain about the Forte III's sound when I had mine right when they came out.

Thing is with all his points I could see he ignored basic speaker placement knowledge and specific F3 info from their manual !!

That ignorance can be rampant sometimes, these days it is all inclusive. When you cut something off, YOU AREN'T the other thing that comes without it!

When you modify your Klipsch they aren't warrantied anymore `cause they aren't Klipsch anymore!

He's a snake-in-the-grass!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If he is doing anything in that Forte III video I saw years ago he showed them placed badly and said their response wasn't good. DUH a big Homer Simpson DUH. Guess he thinks we're dummies for liking the clarity of horn loaded speakers and thinks he could reel us in:lol:

• Thanks 1

The engineers at Klipsch are PAID to ENGINEER speakers. They likely have degrees in a related field. And they most certainly have the test equipment available to measure their designs. We have to assume these engineers may have to make compromises due to cost constraints or material limitations. That's what engineers do.

But they are clearly educated, and do this for a living.

Whereas Danny Richie is a YouTuber.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, soundbound said:

He says bad things about Klipsch and their products in his videos. Isn’t he slandering Klipsch in that video and in his other Klipsch videos too? Is what he’s stating about Klipsch in his public videos illegal in any ways?

Saying that Toyota Priuses are garbage and expensive lunchboxes does not mean that Toyota can sue me for slander, no.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Peter P. said:

The engineers at Klipsch are PAID to ENGINEER speakers. They likely have degrees in a related field. And they most certainly have the test equipment available to measure their designs. We have to assume these engineers may have to make compromises due to cost constraints or material limitations. That's what engineers do.

But they are clearly educated, and do this for a living.

Whereas Danny Richie is a YouTuber.

Well said. The problem with testing speakers is most do not have the facilities to properly test them. An anechoic chamber is needed which few have access to. My measurements in my room will in no way resemble the results seen in a proper chamber with lab test equipment. GR guy is just a hack trying to make a buck selling witch oil. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tom05 said:

But as a loyal Klipsch enthusiast , I think he should be arrested immediately .🤓

Nah , we should invite him for a pow pow   on the forum  to  discuss his genius creations    ,  mi klipsch casa su casa .    Mr  Youtube Dannie Richie , come on down 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Nah , we should invite him for a pow pow   on the forum  to  discuss his genius creations    ,  mi klipsch casa su casa .    Mr  Youtube Dannie Richie , come on down 

Yes, but I doubt he’d do that.

I’d like him to come to a Klipsch gathering, so we can watch Mr. Roy Delgado call him a bonehead to his face and honor him with a BS button.

• Like 1

I don't know at all why you´re complain. GR damages pretty much all brands in the world, there is hardly a brand that they have nothing to complain about and offer their DIY kits for.  All is marketing to generate new sales. Can´t see this vids anymore .

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 11:44 AM, wuzzzer said:

@Stephen Buck I really wonder why no one bothers to read the sticky at the top of this forum section.  🤷🏻‍♂️

The sections allowed to post to are restricted for newcomers, that’s the reason.  But it’s technical in nature because someone is saying there’s a technical problem. 

• Like 1