Willsenton R300

mopardave

I just purchased this amp.  It is barely used and comes with a full set of upgraded tubes including the GL 300b.  I watched and read all reviews and it looks like it might be a decent 300b for the money(1500).  I have been told they are made in the same factory as PrimeLuna and Cayin, but im not sure.   Either way good reviews and not too expensive introduction into 300b.  

649970998_thumb_c33961366db08bc98b6d5f317f0f70ed.jpg

willsenton r300.jpg

649970998_thumb_fdd7bf53aaafa439169110fa1b5b9b76.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mopardave said:

I just purchased this amp.  It is barely used and comes with a full set of upgraded tubes including the GL 300b.  I watched and read all reviews and it looks like it might be a decent 300b for the money(1500 new).  I have been told they are made in the same factory as PrimeLuna and Cayin, but im not sure.   Either way good reviews and not too expensive introduction into 300b.  

649970998_thumb_c33961366db08bc98b6d5f317f0f70ed.jpg

willsenton r300.jpg

649970998_thumb_fdd7bf53aaafa439169110fa1b5b9b76.jpg

I agree with the idea this brand is built in the same Cayin factory, the paint and control knobs look identical to several Cayin

models. I would like to give a 300 amp a spin but the current prices for quality 300b tubes is giving second and third thoughts.

Here’s hope you enjoy it - 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, richieb said:

I agree with the idea this brand is built in the same Cayin factory, the paint and control knows look identical to several Cayin

models. I would like to give a 300 amp a spin but the current prices for quality 300b tubes is giving second and third thoughts.

Here’s hope you enjoy it - 

Hey thanks.  It looks like a quality unit.  Plenty of review vids out there praising it.   @1300 with replacement tubes its worth a try.   Looks as new.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, richieb said:

I would like to give a 300 amp a spin but the current prices for quality 300b tubes is giving second and third thoughts.

I know you would love to pick up some WE 300B tubes.

3 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Yes they are. They alao have a 5 years warranty.

They are working on a replacement 12ax7, hopefully rolling out this summer.

I believe they are building a new plant to build those here in US.   I heard the GL 300b is a decent tube.   Will soon find out.

11 minutes ago, mopardave said:

I believe they are building a new plant to build those here in US.   I heard the GL 300b is a decent tube.   Will soon find out.

I think they also be made here in Rossville, GA, as are the 300B tubes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

How many other companies are presently manufacturing audio tubes in the USA?

Only one, Western Electric, that I am aware of. Price of 300B tubes are outrageously high now no matter the brand. I have tried Gold Lions and JJ's and both sound really good to me. Not sure on how long they will last but not expected to last as long as the old WE tubes of old.